I sighed. 

"Julia, please." 

"I already ordered pizza." I lied. 

"We can eat that before we go there?"

"I really don't want to go tonight, Lex. I'm not feeling it. Not to mention Matthew is one of Ambers dogs and if he randomly invited us don't you think that's a little odd? We literally never talk to him why would he just randomly call you up?" 

"Because I helped him cheat on yesterday's algebra test," Lexi fired back. "We haven't gone out in like five days, please." 

I sighed loudly and deeply and very frustrated. "I hate you, you know that?" 

Lexi squealed loudly, and jumped on me, embracing me in a tight hug. 

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!" 

"Get off me, you fat pig!" I pushed her off me, Jack getting up from his seat. 

"Finally done, bro?" He asked my brother who had just come down the stairs with my dad behind him. 

"Yeah, let's go." Lexi turned at the sound of his voice. 

"Hello Jack." 

"Hello Lexi." 

Me and Jack G made eye contact, cringing simultaneously at their saltiness. 

"Brrr," Jack G said, rubbing his hands up and down his arms as if warming himself. "It just got 30 degrees colder in here." 

I snickered, and Lexi gave us the nastiest glare we could get, and he instantly threw his hands up. 

"You kids be careful." My dad called, opening the door for my mom. 

"Bye!" I called. 

"Don't be home too late." My mom said before leaving, my dad behind her. 

"Alright." I said. 

"Yeah we better go, too." Jack G said, walking towards the mirror by the door to fix his hair. "We still have to pick up Aunestie." He continued, his eyes connecting to mine at that last part through the mirror. 

I bit my lip at the mention of her name, staring back at Jack, my face expressionless, and he ended up breaking the eye contact to look at my brother. 

"Let's go." He said, gesturing to the door. My brother said bye to me before taking his jacket and leaving, Jack following behind. 

The moment the door closed behind them I turned to Lexi. "Jack and I almost kissed two weeks ago in his car." I blurted out. 

She frowned. "Really?" 

"Yeah." 

"Do you like him?" She asked me, walking to the kitchen and I followed her. 

"No." I quickly said. "I mean not like that." 

She gave me her oh please look and I sighed. 

"Maybe." 

She nodded, as if she already knew the answer. 

"You're taking this pretty lightly." I pointed out, pulling myself on the counter island while she poured herself water. 

"I kinda already figured out you guys had something going on." I raised my eyebrows. "I see the looks you guys give each other." 

Leave it to Lexi to know more about me than I do myself. 

"Plus you have an unnecessary obsession with Aunestie." She continued, a sly smile on her lips. 

I blushed. Was I that obvious? 

"So why don't you do anything about it? I know for a fact he likes you, too." 

I frowned. "He's Jack's best friend. He wouldn't do that to my brother." 

"What are you talking about?" She asked, joining me on the counter. 

"You know how brothers are with their little sisters. I can't imagine how JJ would react if he finds out I've been messing around with his best friend." 

Lexi rolled her eyes. "That's bullshit. I'm sure he would be thrilled if you and Gilinsky would be a thing." 

I was starting to feel uncomfortable about all this me and Jack talk, so I decided to turn the tables. 

"Well what about you? Why don't you man up and finally admit you have mad feels for my brother?" 

She hopped off the counter. "First of all," She started, "I'm a girl, so I don't need to 'man up'." 

I giggled. 

"Second," She continued. "your brother doesn't like me. He doesn't like anyone." 

I turned quiet. 

"So I can admit I have feelings for your brother but that doesn't mean a thing." She finished, looking down, smile on her lips that somehow displayed sadness.

I hopped off the counter. "Lexi you are fucking retarded." 

She looked up with a frown and a half grin. 

"You are beautiful, funny, smart and just amazing. My brother would be the biggest idiot to turn you down, which I know for a fact he wont because I know he likes you, he talks in his sleep." 

Lexi blushed furiously and I hugged her. 

"I also know my brothers phone password and you're his background." 

"Really?" She asked, genuinely surprised. 

"Yes really." 

There was a knock on the door and we pulled away from our hug. 

"Pizza!" We both exclaimed happily, running for the door.