Chapter 12

Hey, guys! So AnimeDisneyGeek and I agreed that it would be best if we started to flashforward our chapters from here on out, so both us and the readers won't get bored. Happy reading!

Elsa

Work. Work. Work. It seemed like that was the only word that my brain knew nowadays. On my desk was stacks of theses, essays, research papers, not to mention homework. That's what you get for always being the overachiever in the class. I had my work cut out for me this month. I had three essays to finish, two major projects on politics, and five research papers on the evolution of mankind. All of this had to be done by the end of this month. Okay, maybe not. Truth be told, I asked my teachers to give me these assignments in advance, to keep me busy. But in Anna's words, I'm "too busy".

"You've gotta give yourself a break," Anna had said for the millionth time. "Why don't you hang out with Jack?"

Speaking of hanging out with Jack, I haven't been able to spend some good quality time with him this past one and a half months.  He told me that he was "working on something". Whatever that something is, I hope it doesn't get him into trouble.

I sighed, looking at the mountains of papers before me. I certainly couldn't slack off now. As I was writing my conclusion on human evolution, Anna burst in the room.

"Have you ever been taught to knock?" I asked teasingly.

"Oops!" she said. She went back outside, closed the door behind her, and knocked.

"Who is it?" I giggled.

"It's me, Anna!" she chirped.

"Okay, you can come in," I chuckled. She then proceeded to burst in the room again.

"Guess what I found out about Project R?" she whispered not so quietly.

I shut the door behind her. "You're still obsessed with Rapunzel's business?" I sighed.

"Well, duh," she rolled her eyes. "If she can't tell even us, her super close friends and cousins, then it must be juicy. That's what Project R's all about!"

Project R is short for Project Rapunzel. True to her word, Anna had been trying to find out Rapunzel's secret. She looked through her phone, bag, art kit, she even disguised herself as a man to follow her. The perfect example of stalking. If that's not creepy, I don't know what is.

"So, what did you find out?" I asked.

"Well, as I was following her today, I saw her talking to Flynn Rider," Anna whispered, as if she were giving top secret information to another spy.

"So?" I said. "That's no big deal. They're in some classes together. They could be helping each other with homework."

Ann rolled her eyes. "Oh, Elsa. You're so cute when you think that people actually talk to each other and have a riveting conversation on homework."

I felt my cheeks burn. "Anna!"

"Sorry, sorry," Anna laughed. "Well it turns out that Rapunzel and Flynn are seeing each other!"

"What?" I said. "That can't be true. I thought she hated him."

"Oh, you thought wrong, dear sister," Anna said. "We all thought wrong. And as proof, I took some pictures."

"Okay, your stalking has gone to a whole 'nother level of weird,"  I said.

"Just look at it!" Anna sighed exasperatedly. She took out the pictures from her bag. The "spy bag" she likes to call it, while I like to call it the "stalker bag". I knew it was wrong looking into Rapunzel's business, but I couldn't help myself. Besides, she could get herself into serious trouble with that boy, so it was better for me to know what was going on. At least, that's what I kept telling myself to not make myself too guilty about looking at the pictures.

I gasped. Sure enough, there was Rapunzel, sitting on a bench with Flynn. Really close, I noticed. I flipped through each of the pictures. Sometime they were sitting on the bench, sitting in the courtyard, or even walking to class together.

"Those were taken on different days," Anna said. "One for each day."

Yep. So far, I had gone through nine out of the ten photos. On the last one, my eyes were practically bulging. "What?!" I screeched.

"Ssshhh! Keep it down!" Anna shushed me. "This is top secret, ya know!"

"Sorry," I said absentmindedly, staring at the picture. Depicted in the picture was Rapunzel and Flynn holding hands, with the shot depicting Rapunzel giving Flynn a peck on the cheek.

"Surprised, huh?" Anna said, triumphant in her findings.

I was too speechless to say anything. This was a big shock to me. All our time living with her, Rapunzel never showed the slightest interest in a boy. When Anna started dating Hans, I assumed that Rapunzel would start dating as well. Yet she didn't. But now...she's interested? And in Flynn Rider?! I'm not one to listen to gossip but I've heard enough about him that he's the obnoxious type that doesn't seem to prioritize his studies.  

But he does seem to return her feelings, I thought to myself, still looking at the picture, him smiling lovingly down at Rapunzel.

I'll give him a chance, I thought. Besides, not all boys are mean, backstabbing, egotistical, greedy-  

"Uh, hello?" Anna waved a hand in my face. "Anyone there? Earth to Elsa?"

I shook myself out of my thoughts. "Sorry. I was just thinking how happy I am for Rapunzel."

"Really? You are?" Anna said, surprise in her voice. "I thought you would disapprove of her feelings to Flynn. He isn't the type of guy you'd pick for Punzie after all."

"You're right," I said. "He isn't exactly number one on my list I'd want Rapunzel to be with. But, we have to give him a chance. I realized that not all guys are the same. Some are quiet, some are geeky, some are adventurous, some are-"

"Some are just plain obnoxious, like Jack," Anna teased.

I chuckled. "Yes, some are a bit annoying, yet sweet. After your breakup with Hans, I put this kind of shield between my friends and boys. But now, I realize that that wasn't doing anybody any good. If Rapunzel wants to see Flynn, I'm okay with that. It's her life she's leading after all. And if they weren't right for each other," I shrugged. "Mistakes are made and we learn from it."

"Wow," Anna said. "That was really deep."

"But if he makes Rapunzel cry, he's going to be frozen for a whole year," I said, my powers crackling between my clenched fist.

"Now that's the Elsa I know and love!" Anna laughed. I laughed along with her.

"Hey," Anna said. "What are you gonna do if Merida starts liking a boy?"

"All I have to say is," I chuckled. "The world will be ending when she does."

AN: Thanks for reading and see you in the next part!