Chapter 36

Hey, guys! I hope you enjoy this part! Happy reading!

Merida

The next following two weeks passed by quickly and uneventfully besides all the crazy projects the teachers had decided to throw at us (I swear they're trying an experiment of Survival of the Fittest). While floundering and practically drowning in all of my work, I had texted Hiccup and my friends, as a way to relieve my stress (and to procrastinate).

One day, Mr. Naveen dismissed our class early because we didn't have anything to do (THANK YOU), leaving us some extra time before school officially ended since it was the last class of the day.

I sighed as I relaxed in my chair and started gathering my stuff in my backpack. Rapunzel was in my class and she was already on her feet, waiting for me, her backpack slung over her shoulder.

"Any plans for tonight?" she asked expectantly, her long hair up in a high ponytail, which was swinging happily as she bounced on her heels.

"Not really," I shrugged sheepishly.

"Ah," Rapunzel grinned cunningly, "going to see Hiccup, huh?"

"I'm just going to hang out with him at the diner and..." I trailed off under my friend's knowing look. "Okay, yes. But just before you, me, Anna, and Elsa go to the movies. And again, please stop with that look of yours."

"Sorry! Can't help it! " Rapunzel singsonged.

I rolled my eyes as I stood up from my seat. Shouldering my backpack, I turned to Rapunzel. "How about you? Any plans before meeting up?"

"Actually, I was thinking of maybe changing the plans for tonight," Rapunzel suggested, heading her way towards the door. "Maybe a girl's night back at the dorm?"

I nodded and shrugged as I followed her. "Sure. Why not?"

"Then girl's night it is!" Rapunzel declared in a cheery voice. "Pizza, girl's talk, and hot chocolate!"

I chuckled. "Okay, I'll text Anna and Elsa and get the pizza."

"Thanks! Now go get yourself some scandals so we can talk about it later," Rapunzel said happily as we headed down the corridor.

"Fat chance," I teased.

..~..

One hand raking through my hair to make it as tame as possible and the other closing the door, I stepped into the diner and sighed in content as the warm air embraced me after my walk in the cold weather from the campus (it's almost spring break and it's still chilly here). I hadn't checked the weather forecast lately so I missed the news that there would be a sudden drop of temperature due to a visiting chilly air mass. It's like Mother Nature doesn't know what to do, nice and cool in the morning, then cold and frigid in the afternoon. All I wore that seemed to fit the weather a little was some jeans and combat boots. I pulled my sweater closer to me as I made my way towards the counter, where Hiccup and Jack was (Hiccup had asked if Jack could come, since he felt that the poor guy was working himself too hard these days).

Jack was furiously sketching something in his notebook, with Hiccup pointing out and suggesting a few helpful remarks on how to make his work better. Hiccup glanced up, when he heard the dinging sound from the hanging bell on the door and caught sight of me. He broke into a wide grin, his eyes fixed on me. Seeing his contagious grin, I couldn't help but smile back.

I greeted both of them as I sat down in one of the counter seats beside them.

Jack expressed a greater amount of joy of my presence as he returned my greeting with outright enthusiasm, while Hiccup gave me a soft, shy smile and a gentle 'hi'. Jack then clapped Hiccup on his back with great force but with equal warmth.