Phase II Screening - Selection G

Directions: Complete the meta analysis in-line. DM the comment topic response and general comment to SapphireAlena.

META ANALYSIS (at least 5 in-line comments that extend through the entire chapter):

👍 or THUMBS UP—Elaborate why you think so. (at least one time each chapter—[MANDATORY])

☕ or NEEDS CAFFEINEElaborate why you think something can be improved—plot, characterization, grammar, etc.. (at least one time each chapter—[MANDATORY])

💓 or HEART RACING (feeling excitement) [OPTIONAL]

😥 or TEARS (crying or feeling very emotional) [OPTIONAL]

or HEART (love something, more than a thumbs up) [OPTIONAL]

😵 or CONFUSED (don't understand something) [OPTIONAL]

Comment Topic: Dialogue can reveal a lot about our characters' traits and personalities. Mention one dialogue for each character in the chapter that you feel sums up that character. How so? Min. length: 3 sentences each character. (Quoted dialogue from the text does not count for minimum length.) For this screening process, please post this response in a DM to SapphireAlena.

GENERAL COMMENTS: Remember that these are supposed to be reader engagement comments. Comment on characterization if it was well-done. Did a plot twist get you? Did something pull you out of the story? Most of all, if you're enjoying it, say so and say why. Refrain from giving editing advice, including grammar, phrasing, and story elements. For this screening process, please post this response in a DM to SapphireAlena

Chapter One from Fresh Start by SapphireAlena

"Stanley!"

My Mum's English accent elongated my father's name. It wasn't the first time she yelled it on this trip, and I was sure it wasn't going to be the last time either.

She clutched at the dashboard as my dad swerved over two lanes. He shot down the off ramp for Highway 12. The blazing sun blinded our eyes in the small college town about two hours north of San Francisco in the middle of the Wine Country.

"What?" He slammed on the brakes just in time before we collided with the long queue of vehicles. "I didn't expect it to be this busy this early, Ursula."

Well, at least I'm escaping this loony bin. In a few minutes—no, at least another hour in this traffic—we'll arrive at Kenwood University. I'll wave goodbye to them tonight and hope that it takes forever for Christmas break to come.