Phase II Screening - Selection B

Directions: Complete the meta analysis in-line. DM the comment topic response and general comment to SapphireAlena.

META ANALYSIS (at least 5 in-line comments that extend through the entire chapter):

👍 or THUMBS UP—Elaborate why you think so. (at least one time each chapter—[MANDATORY])

☕ or NEEDS CAFFEINEElaborate why you think something can be improved—plot, characterization, grammar, etc.. (at least one time each chapter—[MANDATORY])

💓 or HEART RACING (feeling excitement) [OPTIONAL]

😥 or TEARS (crying or feeling very emotional) [OPTIONAL]

or HEART (love something, more than a thumbs up) [OPTIONAL]

😵 or CONFUSED (don't understand something) [OPTIONAL]

Comment Topic: Show vs. Tell. It's fundamental in any good writing. Comment on the author's ability to convey their story by "showing" it to the readers. Min. length: 3 sentences. For this screening process, please post this response in a DM to  SapphireAlena.

GENERAL COMMENTS: Remember that these are supposed to be reader engagement comments. Comment on characterization if it was well-done. Did a plot twist get you? Did something pull you out of the story? Most of all, if you're enjoying it, say so and say why. Refrain from giving editing advice, including grammar, phrasing, and story elements. For this screening process, please post this response in a DM to SapphireAlena.

 For this screening process, please post this response in a DM to SapphireAlena

Excerpt from Star Wars: The Jedi Reborn by SapphireAlena

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker has operated the Jedi Academy with the help of Jedi Knight Naluma Fau for eleven years, following the destruction of the second Death Star on Endor. Luke's brother-in-law brought Luke's nephew Ben Solo to the academy a few days before, an out-of-control Force-sensitive ten-year-old. Having given his word that he would cooperate today while evaluating if he will willingly join the academy or choose exile with a Jedi Knight on a remote planet to care for him, Ben has talked Uncle Luke into giving him a tour of the academy complex.

Characters:

Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master, head of the Jedi Order. 34

Ben Solo, precocious Force-sensitive, grandson of Darth Vader through Leia Organa. 10

Naluma Fau, Jedi Knight, administrator of the Jedi Academy. 34