Phase II Screening - Selection C

Directions: Complete the meta analysis in-line. DM the comment topic response and general comment to SapphireAlena .

META ANALYSIS (at least 5 in-line comments that extend through the entire chapter):

👍 or THUMBS UP—Elaborate why you think so. (at least one time each chapter—[MANDATORY])

☕ or NEEDS CAFFEINEElaborate why you think something can be improved—plot, characterization, grammar, etc.. (at least one time each chapter—[MANDATORY])

💓 or HEART RACING (feeling excitement) [OPTIONAL]

😥 or TEARS (crying or feeling very emotional) [OPTIONAL]

or HEART (love something, more than a thumbs up) [OPTIONAL]

😵 or CONFUSED (don't understand something) [OPTIONAL]

Comment Topic: The narrative must support the dialogue by exposing the underlying tension, conflict, and motivation of each character. How has the author used subtext like gestures, glances, body language, and behavior to help you gauge the protagonist's motivation in this current chapters? Min. length: 3 sentences. For this screening process, please post this response in a DM to SapphireAlena.

GENERAL COMMENTS: Remember that these are supposed to be reader engagement comments. Comment on characterization if it was well-done. Did a plot twist get you? Did something pull you out of the story? Most of all, if you're enjoying it, say so and say why. Refrain from giving editing advice, including grammar, phrasing, and story elements. For this screening process, please post this response in a DM to SapphireAlena.

 For this screening process, please post this response in a DM to SapphireAlena

Reservations, a Short Story by SapphireAlena

As her best friend Paloma curled her hair, Julia squealed, "I can't believe that Stellan's taking me to Le Petit Chateau tonight. Oooh! I think I'm just going to die."

As the tall, curvy brunette brushed another strand of Julia's auburn hair and wrapped it around the spiral tong, she said, "I've never eaten there, but I hear the food is divine . . . and the ambience is so romantic. Too bad it's out of my budget. Do you think he's going to propose?"

"I hope so," said Julia as she smiled with dreamy look to her face. "Oh, Paloma." Julia whipped her head around, to the annoyance of her friend with the curling tong in her hair.

With a strong hand and a grunt of frustration, Paloma turned her head back toward the mirror. "If he doesn't, I'd dump him. I mean, what man goes out with a woman for six months and doesn't make a move on her? Are you sure there isn't something wrong with him?"