Phase II Screening - Selection D

Directions: Complete the meta analysis in-line. DM the comment topic response and general comment to AmericanBruja.

META ANALYSIS (at least 5 in-line comments that extend through the entire chapter):

👍 or THUMBS UP—Elaborate why you think so. (at least one time each chapter—[MANDATORY])

☕ or NEEDS CAFFEINEElaborate why you think something can be improved—plot, characterization, grammar, etc.. (at least one time each chapter—[MANDATORY])

💓 or HEART RACING (feeling excitement) [OPTIONAL]

😥 or TEARS (crying or feeling very emotional) [OPTIONAL]

or HEART (love something, more than a thumbs up) [OPTIONAL]

😵 or CONFUSED (don't understand something) [OPTIONAL]

Comment Topic: First chapters are extremely important. They need to set the tone and entice the reader to read the rest of the book. Comment on the level of your engagement throughout the chapter. Did you find yourself skimming at times? Or were you hooked the entire way through? How was the author able to keep you engaged and/or how did the author lose you? Min. length: 3 sentences. For this screening process, please post this response in a DM to AmericanBruja.

GENERAL COMMENTS: Remember that these are supposed to be reader engagement comments. Comment on characterization if it was well-done. Did a plot twist get you? Did something pull you out of the story? Most of all, if you're enjoying it, say so and say why. Refrain from giving editing advice, including grammar, phrasing, and story elements. For this screening process, please post this response in a DM to AmericanBruja.

 For this screening process, please post this response in a DM to AmericanBruja

American Bruja: The Los Angeles Cauldron, Chapter 1  by  AmericanBruja

August 6, 3 P.A. (Post-Apocalypse), or 2048 in the Common Era, 5:00 a.m. Atop the Simi Hills in what was once Los Angeles, California

My husband restrains our shrieking four-year-old twins, our miracle babies. Little limbs flail in his bronze, muscular arms. Chubby cheeks flush red to match their curls. Cries of, "Don't go Mommy!" ignite a sharp pain in my chest.

A ghostly pale hand clutches my arm. I pivot to find Slone Summers, her once-blonde hair now a white curtain framing symmetrical features. Unnaturally light blue eyes meet mine. She's my age, yet her voice is girlish as she speaks. "The spy won't talk, except for asking how we found him." Slone snorts. "Like I'm going to tell him I'm psychic!"