32. I Need Time

It's beautiful at the top of the trail. You can see the whole city, the lights just now coming on. Harry sits down, his feet dangling over the cliff. He admires the majestic scenery as he tries to clear his head. Liam tries to tap him on the shoulder, but Zayn lights a cigarette and stops him.

The whole way up the trail, Zayn teaches him how it is okay to try and help someone, but you can't lose yourself trying to save them.

"I really liked you and Louis together, not gonna lie....but you sorta just stopped taking care of yourself. You'd text him all the time when you weren't with him, and couldn't go a day without wanting to stay over there. Do you see me doing that? No. I incorporate Liam into my life, not make him my life. You lost your footing."

"He needed me," Harry said defensively.

"He did indeed, but do you know where that left you?" Liam chimed in. "Suffocated. Needing release...hurting him, hurting you...putting a strain on our whole inner circle."

"I think about him a lot. I still miss him."

"Yeah?" Ed scoffed. Zayn shot him a look saying, 'don't start.'

"Come to game night tomorrow. Be yourself."

With eyes wide open, he gazes out at the scenery and opens his arms. He takes in the breeze beating on his back and the warmth of the atmosphere cuddling his inner being. Not soon after, Ed, Zayn, and Liam sit beside him, admiring the sunset as a unit.

<center><hr></hr></center>

"These are so cute!" Bebe says, taking little meatballs out of the oven. "Louis, you did such a good job!"

"Thanks," he blushes. He feels his arms give out as he almost drops the tray.

"Soon, you'll be able to pick that up in no time!" She smacks his ass playfully. "You excited for this 'gaming' party?"

"Never thought I'd be making appetizers that for sure...." Louis giggles. "Hey, do I look okay?" He asks, rubbing his turquoise sweater.

"Fabulous! Why?"

"No reason."

"Uh-huh...." Se teases. "Well, that's all for the day. I'll see you on Monday bright and early. Remember your calorie intake. It's just fuel. Your body needs it, k?" She reaches in to give him a small hug. She sighs as she pulls away.

Louis stands, twiddling with his thumbs as Bebe looks back at him. "What's wrong?"

"....You don't think I'm attractive like this....is that why Harry entertained Taylor and Clay took advantage of me?" Louis looks down at his shoes.

"What? You're sexy as hell! . I'm all about body positivity. There's a difference between unattractive and unhealthy. It's just a little scary, you know? I can tell you with honesty, Harry didn't mean for any of this. Things aren't always as they seem. Maybe he was feeling bad about himself too."

"Bebe....." Louis asks, seasoning more appetizers. "Can you stay for the party?"

"Of course. Come on, let's Sautee some spinach."

When the doorbell rings, Niall and Maisie greet everyone warmly. Various foods are on a table in front of the television.

"Looks delicious!" Ed samples a nacho as he lays claim to a red controller.

"Thanks. Louis made most of it," Niall brags.

"Oh, he did? Well, tell him he's a good cook."

"Sure thing," Niall chuckles.