I should have refused and left before any more harm could be done. I should have kicked him where the sun doesn't shine and told him where he could stick it but I didn't. Instead I found myself agreeing. I had a grand total of twenty in my hand, a pair of eights and a four. I felt nervous looking at the two cards in Kaleb's hand.

The outcome was inevitable but looking at the King and Ace on the table only made my future that much more daunting. I could have cried but I didn't. Instead, I stood from the table and walked away leaving my chips there and not caring what were done with them. I heard Kaleb following but paid no mind to the sound of his hurried footsteps getting closer. I turned a corner and felt a hand wrap around my wrist.

Immediately I yanked my hand from his grasp glaring at him with as much intensity as I could muster up at the time. I wasn't happy about losing. I knew there was a possibility when we had made the deal but I couldn't possibly fathom the idea. I needed to escape. I found myself looking around for Donna or Tyler but they were probably still back using the slot machines.

"We had a deal," Kaleb spoke meaningfully while directing his piercing gaze at me.

I sighed. "I know," I spoke through gritted teeth.

"Well, let's go then," he told me.

"What, right now?" I asked dumbly.

"Well yeah, when else would we go on a date?" he replied with a question.

I looked up at him, searching for some sort of resistance, some glimmer of hope that would tell me I had a chance of getting out of the deal. I could have just beaten him up and been done with it but I had made a deal. I knew there was a chance I would lose when I made the deal but that part of my brain seemed to have been dormant at the time since winning seemed like the only possible outcome.

"Fine," I finally relented and sighed. "We will go on a date but not tonight."

"Okay, I can live with that," he said with an easy smile that lit up every contour of his face. I didn't like the smile; it was a reminder of everything in my life that had been wrong. "What's your number?"

As I read off my number to him, I was silently thinking of ways to get out of the date. Maybe I could tell him that I already had a boyfriend. He wouldn't even have to know that I was lying but who would I ask to be my boyfriend? I couldn't possibly ask Kyron because he would just get his hopes up. I could ask Zach, he was more like a brotherly figure and surely he would understand. I didn't really have anybody else. Tyler would have done it for sure but he had Donna so that was out of the question. It looked like I really was stuck with him.

"I need to go now," I murmured and turned, ready to flee the building with my life.

"Wait," Kaleb called out and grabbed onto my wrist. "I really have missed you," he murmured and before I knew what was happening; he placed a gentle but possessive kiss to my temple.

I fled. I ran as quickly as I could and pulled away from him in the process and left the building. I didn't care that Donna and Tyler were still in the building. I couldn't be there anymore and most of all I couldn't be anywhere near the man who was the bane of my existence.

I ended up at a bar called 'Essence' the name seeming slightly familiar but from where? I wasn't too sure. I had calmed down on my motorcycle and all that was left was the sick feeling in my stomach that told me that I had to stay away from Kaleb. He wasn't good for my sanity. I sat on a bar stool and ordered a shot of bourbon. I kept them coming until I had drank five.

"You should slow down a little unless you plan on getting wasted," a silk voice murmured from beside me. I hadn't noticed that anyone else had sat down but now that I had noticed I was cursing myself for not paying closer attention to my surroundings. When I looked to my right I saw the familiar face of Hunter. He looked as hot as ever, a smile made its way onto my face.