“It’s a bit more complicated than that,” he spoke hesitantly. I looked at him with a blank face, my eyes quickly darting to Tyler to see him with a blank face.

“Okay, go on then,” I encouraged.

“The rogues have a little extra help,” Zach began. I raised an eyebrow, not sure where the conversation was headed. “They have been collecting people with gifts.”

I blinked; then I blinked again and tried to form a coherent sentence. I wasn’t sure what it all meant for werewolves and vampires alike but it didn’t sound good. In fact, it sounded downright dangerous. “What sort of gifts?” I asked.

“We’re not completely sure but we do know that the leader of the group has the ability to make people do what he wants,” he explained.

“Wow,” I took a deep breath and closed my eyes; massaging my temples. It was a big deal and one that was going to be difficult to keep under control. “How do you know all of this?” I asked curiously.

“We have someone on the inside,” he explained.

My mouth formed an ‘o’. It seemed that since I had left Trinity, my life had become more and more interesting. I never would have thought that I would be fighting the bad guys and kicking some serious ass but there I was; mentally preparing myself for a battle.

“So what do we do now?” I asked.

“Nothing,” Tyler said, speaking for the first time. My mouth fell agape and I stared at him in disbelief. He looked slightly unnerved.

“What do you mean nothing?” I half-shouted at him. He must have been crazy.

“We can’t do anything,” Tyler shouted back.

“So what, you’re just going to let the bad guys win? I thought you were better than that Tyler,” I glared at him angrily.

“We can’t do anything,” he sighed exasperated. “They have a psychic.”

“A psychic?” I stated, posing it more of as a question. “What sort of psychic?”

“A future seeing psychic,” he said putting his head in his hands.

“Oh. Well what does that mean for our operation?” I asked.

“It means that we can’t just go in with our guns blazing. We lack the element of surprise and they will see us coming.”

“Well how are we supposed to deal with the problem?”

“We have to wait it out for a little while. Wait till we know what the leader wants and then we figure out a plan.”

I nodded my head and sat down in a soft armchair in the room. The door opened and closed, signifying that somebody had left the room. I closed my eyes and rested my head against the soft plush headrest in the arm chair. My mind was reeling with possibilities. Whatever it meant for my kind; it didn’t look good.

“It will be okay you know,” a soft voice spoke. It was Zach, obviously it was him. He was always the calm one, the one that had the best advice and the one seemed to be around if ever you needed a friend or just somebody to talk to.

I sighed deeply my mind reeling, thinking over everything that had happened the past year. I had moved on in so many ways but my life was still a mess and I had so many unresolved issues. Things that I had been running away from that I would have to face sooner or later. I kept running, trying to focus on my job at the time, trying to find the latest bad guy but maybe I was really running from myself.

“I know Zach,” I replied automatically, not sure if I really believed the words that were coming out of my own mouth.

“You’re not okay Rhylee,” he said seriously looking deep into my eyes.