Chapter 28

As we pulled up into the driveway of our home. The reporters were already there, swarming us, as they and their  cameras flashed at us as I opened and slammed the car door shut in anger. I flipped the reporters off, and purposely bumped into one of them that was getting in my way.

They were throwing questions at me all at once and most of them were something that I couldn't give a shit about. The neighbors around us got out of the house in their pajamas to see what all the fuss was about.

Some onlookers gazed at me in shock when they realized I was back.

I brushed them off however, when my dad came up to me and tried to hide me under his sleeve jacket, but I retaliated and shoved him out of the way angrily.

The cameras went wild at that, as I grew extremely irritated when one of the reporters boldly shoved a mic at me making me glare at her.

“Mr. Price, please say a few words.” She begged, as she held a voice recorder on the other hand. “Fuck off bitch.” I growled at her and knocked her in the shoulder on purpose as I smirked while she let out a gasp.

I stomped my way into the house and slammed the door shut as I made my way up the stairs and towards my old room. I could hear footsteps approach me angrily from behind.

“We have unfinished business to settle here young man.” My dad’s gruff voice huffed out as I span around and jabbed a finger at his chest. “No we don’t.”

I hissed passed clenched teeth as I went to open my door only to be yanked back by my wrist. I yelped when my back hit the the wall, as he grabbed my chin and tilted it upwards to meet his deep brown eyes that were swarming in anger.

“Don’t tell me, you actually wanted to stay with him!” He snapped as he pushed me back even further against the wall. I winced when I felt my dad’s breath fan over my face as he panted out.

“You must be insane to want to be with one of those monsters! Those things!”

He mumbled as he clenched my shirt into his tight fists. Monsters? “Dad, what do you know about them?” I whispered with heavy uncertainty.

My eyes widened as his eyes glowed white as they reflected against light making me gulp. “Come with me.” He whispered urgently, I didn’t really stand a choice in that as he yanked me by my t-shirt and headed back down the stairs.

Tears were leaking past my lids, as I tried to blink them away, my mom just came in and shut the door but only to panic again when she realised what dad was doing. “No! He’s too young to know Tom. He’s too young.”

My mom shrieked as she tried desperately to latch onto me, only to trip and stumble over the furniture as she went.

“He’s of age Gloria. I was his age when I started this, and he has to know the darkness that lurks in this world before its too late.” He called back out to her before taking something out of his back pocket.

My heart was beating wildly against my chest as I tried to pull his hand off of my wrist. “Dad you’re hurting me.” I whimpered out as I struggled on his hold on me. He only tsked, “be a man and suck it up.”

He growled out as he punched the key into the slot before turning it and kicking the door underneath the staircase open.

I was always curious to see what was behind those doors, and now when i’m about to find out; I didn’t want to. Curiosity killed the cat surely made its name today.

My mom scurried behind us as she pleaded with my dad to not take me into the hidden basement.

He ignored her wishes as he shoved me forward. Making me stumble and nearly triple over myself. My dad clapped his hands twice before the lights flickered on, and lighted up the darkness of the room.