Chapter 11: Secrets Revealed

En başından başla

"I didn't think you actually had a chance of winning that bet, but maybe you do after all." Will says glancing at me.

"If I didn't stand a chance then why do you think I'd agree to the bet in the first place," I say smiling cheekily and he flashes a quick smile back at me.

"Get back to work." Four says. I turn to look at him and he flashes a quick smile at me that you wouldn't be able to notice unless you truly knew him. I turn back and focus on the targets.

After some few hours, everyone has hit the target at least once. Except for Al. I feel bad for him. I have pretty much just been throwing knives and showing Will and Christina how I did it. Very boring if you ask me. I think I should help Al now. I decided I will.

I walk over to him and he grins at me.

"Hey." I say and he says it back.

"You need help?" I ask and he looks at me.

"Yeah, thanks." He says and I smile. I stand next to him and get in position. I tell him to copy me and he does. Then I show him how to throw the knife; where his arms should be and where the knife should be. He does really good for an amateur. I then tell him about the inhaling and exhaling method and then I do it myself and he copies when I am done. His knife hits closeby to the target, at least it sticks. Yeah! He did it.

"Thank you." He says beaming brightly at me.

"You did it," I say beaming back, glad that he could accomplish that. "Now, keep working like that and I promise you that you will get better."

"Thanks." He says smiling. I let him get back to work and walk over to Christina and Will. They are looking at me weirdly.

"What?" I ask and they smile.

"So, what do you think about Al?" Will asks grinning from ear to ear.

"Well, I guess he is nice. Why?" I ask.

"I think he likes you," Christina says smirking.

"You two would look cute together." Will adds.

"You guys, we just met him and plus I don't know, I kind of want to spend time with Taylor and I don't mind being single," I tell them and they look at me.

"You want to be with Taylor's father, don't you?" Christina says and I look at her.

"Right now, I just want to be safe here in Dauntless, finish initiation and then figure things out. But you are right, I do want to talk to Taylor's father, but I am not sure I want a relationship, but we'll see." I tell them. I don't know. I haven't really thought about that part. I've been focusing on actually making it to Dauntless, that I didn't really get time to think about anything after that. I want to be with Tobias, but I don't know. I feel like he has changed. I guess we will find out soon enough.

"Okay." They both say.

"Okay, lunch time." Four shouts. Everyone puts their knife away and I wait for Al, Chris, and Will. They come over to me and Al puts his arm around my shoulder and I smile.

"Did you figure out how to throw the knife?" I ask him and he nods.

"Yeah, thanks to you." He says smiling. We walk out of the training room. We all stop when we hear my name being called. We all turn around, Al's arm still around me. Tobias is the one that called. I stare at him and he stares right back at me.

"Can we talk?" He asks and I look at Christina.

"What time is it?" I ask her and she looks at me.

"Ask the Erudite." She replies and I smile.

"Will?"

"It's twelve." He replies and I nod.