Chapter Eight - The Breakdown

Start from the beginning

"Sir, Yes Sir." They all said in unison.

"There is a new girl, Tiger. Seventeen, African-American with brown colored eyes, and a small frame. She lives in the Master Bedroom." I waited for a moment to see if a final thought against this would come to me, it didn't.

"She's..." I had gone through the words I wanted to say a few times. Now that the time was here I didn't like that I was somewhat at a loss for words.

Fire burned deep in my soul.

Him.

"Keep your eyes off of her. For most new girls they try to get close to guards in the hopes of some sort of escape." One thing I did know was that I was this fucking serious about the unknown feeling.

"Sir, shouldn't we do that with all the newbies then?" Someone asks.

"Let me make this a bit more clear. She's being sold soon, it's something new The Fun House will be experimenting on. Keep your distance, and keep your eyes away from her."

"Yes, Sir."

"If you happen to be a guard that stands post at my door you may be granted to look at her only if she speaks to you first. Do I make myself clear?" I finished.

"Sir, Yes Sir." I was satisfied with the half-ass speech given.

"Dismissed."

     ~*~*~*~*~*
May 21st, 2015
Haley Bishop's Office
10:15 A.M.
E

I sat on the couch, my first session alone. Mandatory after the first night...depending on if things get as bad as it did with me.

I was in a quite frozen state of mind. It was misery and peace clashed into one and I barely spoke, barely ate, only sat in the library.

My legs close to my chest as I pull the left sleeve of my grey cotton jacket with my teeth. Hair clipped up, face clear and naked.

Bishop was patient with me. For some reason she didn't pry, we had been here for some time just silent.

The old woman had short pixie like gray hair; her cream colored skin wrinkled around the expensive looking clothes she wore. Smile lines dipped into her round face and drooped eyes.

"You're not asking me anything." My voice hoarse but curious.

She adjusted her glasses. "After hearing about the assault you encountered I think it's best we start this approach differently."

I didn't understand so I waited for more of an explanation.

"He'll be here in a moment." The beat of my heart became the only sound I could hear.

He?

Instead of the couch I was in the guest room hiding, I looked around and then felt my ankle drug from under the bed.

My skin jumped as I tried to block out the memory. Blinking a bit rapidly I soon calmed myself down.

I looked up at her, pleading. Find your words, speak. "...please don't,-" It opened and I turned my head away.

"Good morning, Andreas." She greeted him warmly.

Deep breaths, Elena.

My hands began to shake so I wrapped them around my knees hoping they'd work together to help keep me still.