"That ass been fat girl" I said, walking back into the room. "I just been helping it a lil" 

She sucked her teeth, "Maybe" she said. "You need to come home now.." 

I chuckled, "Don't worry imma tear you up when I get home tonight" 

"Promise" she asked, smirking.

"I gotchu boo" I said, making my way down the stairs, smelling breakfast being cooked. 

"Okay.." she said, as her phone went to the pause screen. "Babe, this Chy.. lemme call you back" 

"Aight.. just hit me after your lunch and shit" I said, walking into the kitchen, instantly getting annoyed.

"Okay" she said, before I ended the call.

I slid my phone in my sweat shorts pocket, as i grabbed a water from the fridge. "Wassup my man" the nigga my mom claimed was her boyfriend said. He sat at the table, eating breakfast while scrolling on his phone, nigga seemed real comfortable.

"Wassup" i said, scratching the back of my head, as my mom came walking in the kitchen. 

"Good morning son... I put your food in the microwave" she said, sitting in the seat across from the guy. 

"Aye ma, lemme holla at you for a sec" I said, flagging her out the room. 

"Gionni, i'm trying to eat.. I have somewhere to be in a hour" 

"Ma" I repeated, as I walked out the room. 

I heard her chair slide back from the table, letting me know she was coming. "What do you want boy" 

"Why would you have him in here and not tell me?" I asked. 

"Tell you? Gionni, I don't have to tell you who's in my house" she paused. "I gave you a chance to meet him and you wanted to be typical Gionni, so I don't wanna hear nothing else about it" 

I sucked my teeth, "Come on now ma, you know I hate shit like this. I ain't expecting to walk in the kitchen and bump into another nigga" 

"So what would've happened if I told you he was here?" 

"I probably would've got a room" I said shrugging my shoulders. 

"Exactly.. you're too old to be acting like that" 

"Too old to be acting like what? I'm just not feeling no nigga getting this close to my mom" 

"So everybody's allowed to be happy but me?" she asked, making me shake my head.

"You need a nigga to make you happy... since when?" 

"Gionni, you are really pushing it" she said, pointing her finger in my face. "I am your mother, not your child!" I stepped back, leaning against the couch. "I'm not seeing why you can't be the man I raised you to be, and accept what's going on. If you care so much about me, then you would do everything in your power to not only make me happy, but also be interested in who I'm spending my time with" 

I let out a loud breath, "I hear you ma" 

"You hear me.. but are you listening?" she asked. "Just give him a chance" 

"I gotchu ma"

She smiled, "Thank you GG" she said, before walking off back into the kitchen. 

I gathered my thoughts, before following behind her in the kitchen, walking over grabbing my plate of food out the microwave.I wasn't really hungry but I knew she'd have a whole fit if I didn't eat. After getting my food, I walked over sitting adjacent to my mother and the guy. "What's ya name again bro?" I asked.