Chapter 33: Eve Reincarnated

"At last, the final fight of this year's tournament!" the anchorman announced. People's whoops and applauses deafened the hall. He continued: "Our outstanding student, Evy White, with her invincible warrior angel Loriel, against our legendary champion's, Miss Linda Black's little sister, Mayor Black's younger daughter - Lily Black, and her deathly angel of the abyss - Samael, or, as you more know him, the terrifying Lord of Hell, Lucifer!"

The people whooped and applauded. Samael had already knocked down a lot of enemies during the previous battles of the tournament. He even held back as Lily begged him not to kill off any angels he fought against. He didn't even need to unlock his second form save for when fighting Archangel Raphael, his younger brother, who stood as a guardian for one of the students and had unlocked his second form during the battle. Nonetheless, Raphael, as a supreme angel of healing, was not stronger than the angel of death. Healing and treatment cannot always defeat death... so Samael turned out the winner.

Now, in the final battle, Samael and Loriel had faced each other, with their hostesses - Evy and Lily.

"Here we are again, Lily," Evy smiled. 

"Yeah... Our fight was inevitable, it seems," Lily chuckled, sure of her powers.

"Yes, it looks like it is our destiny to fight each other..." Evy smirked too, determined to win and put this darkened hostess to her place. "After all, I haven't told you my biggest secret, which Loriel and I, together with my whole family, have been keeping for long".

"Huh? What secret?"

The spectators carefully listened too, as the battlers' voices were heard all over the hall.

"Well, you are Lilith's incarnation, aren't you? So you are named 'Lily' after your first incarnation and soul name. Well then, can you not guess why my name is 'Evy'?" 

Both Lily and the spectators gasped in shock:

"No... Can't be..."

"Yup, that's right - Adam didn't have only one wife. I guess those two women would always have rivalry between each other. That is why, even now, our destiny is to fight. You're right, Lily - I am Eve, the one whom your precious angel tricked millennia ago. Now, even though I cannot remember any deeds of my previous incarnations, I can easily guess I've undergone a truly difficult life due to my soul's being impure... And one thing I know for sure - everything that happened to me and Adam's soul was your precious angel's fault," she puckered and crossed arms, "I would like to see how strong my soul power has become after all these incarnations, so that I can crush that dirty Satan of yours! Loriel, I invoke you!" 

Evy drew the sign and made her red-haired warrior angel appear.

"Yes, Evy?" Loriel frowned, watching Lily, their opponent.

"Loriel, this is the last battle against a fellow student. You know I've waited for this opportunity for a long time. Don't disappoint me. I'll give you all of my soul power. Even though her 'angel' is Satan, he must have a limit, protecting her feeble body. Please, crush that demon for me". 

Eve clenched her fist, her heart filled with internal rage which she had kept in her soul for long.

"Alright, Evy. Crushing Satan is not a sin, I guess". 

Loriel chuckled and took her fighting pose, her white wings ready.

"It is not Sammy's fault you sinned, but your own! I know all about it. And crushing Satan is a sin, for no matter what you call him, he's still an angel in service of the High Forces. You've no right to talk about him with your filthy mouth!" Lily drew her own sign: "Samael, I invoke you!"

The black smoke burst up. The blackened angel with the deadly black scythe emerged from it. His cold icy blue eyes shimmered:

"You've called me, Lilith?"

"Sammy, this is our last battle against a student. You know our goal - crush everyone and get the title of the champion. I must catch up with my sister".

"Understood," Samael readied his scythe, "So, what type of execution would you prefer?"

"She's Eve's reincarnation, and she's determined to give it her all. Let's give her a chance - fight your half, but of your Basic form," Lily grinned with pride.

Evy and Loriel widened eyes in indignation - fight the half of his Basic form?! How she dared mock them?!

Samael laughed:

"I've always loved your humour, Lilith. Your wish is my command, darling".

Evy flushed up in anger:

"Give it your all, we're not scared! Loriel can still beat you!"

"Oh, really? Lily's not holding back because you're scared. She's holding back because she values your bravery of standing up against me!" 

Samael charged on.