Adrien's Competition Part 13

Marinette tapped her foot restlessly as she sat in the chair beside Adrien's bed. His father was out of the country, but he would be there in a few hours. They said he was fine, they said it was just a concussion and that he must have a hard head. The doctor tried to make her laugh but Marinette didn't feel much like laughing. She didn't mean to get Adrien hurt, she didn't mean to make so many people worry about her, She didn't mean for any of it. Yet, she had caused it all the same.

"Mom..." Adrien's voice was barely a whisper but Marinette heard it. She leapt to her feet and peered down at him.

Marinette was the first thing Adrien could make out as he came too. He had a headache but other than that he felt okay.

"Why are you in my bedroom?" Adrien thought that was weird, but then she made this weird strangled kind of laugh and he saw her eyes shining.

"What's wrong Pr...?" he started

Who am I right now? He wondered when he almost called her Princess. He caught sight of his hand, no black glove. He reached up and touched his hair, no ears.

"Nothing's wrong with me." Marinette shook her head but he saw the bruise just peeking out from under her bangs.

"Did Ethan do that" Adrien was filled with a kind of anger he had never felt before. "I'll—"

"Nothing." Marinette interrupted him.

Adrien looked at her confused "what?"

"You'll do nothing." She clarified.

"but..." Adrien shook himself, his head was all scattered.

"You're the one who got hurt, Adrien." Marinette gestured toward the bed. Adrien finally realized where he was.

"Oh..." He took a moment to gather his thoughts. "The breaks!" he remembered finally "the breaks stopped working and..."

"It was Ethan." Marinette explained.

"What?" Adrien just looked at her.

"I'm so sorry, Adrien." Marinette shook her head "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to get you into any of this."

"It's not your fault, Mari." Adrien tried to comfort her.

"Yes, it is." Mari shook her head "if I just stood up for myself sooner—"

"He wasn't listening, Mari." Adrien interrupted her. "He didn't want to listen, he thought he could bully you into going out with him but he couldn't." Adrien looked her over, there were a few scratches and bruises on her, but she seemed okay.

"Were you in the car?" he asked, "I didn't think we picked you up yet."

"You didn't." Mari sighed, Adrien was not going to be happy about this.

"Ethan pulled me into his car when I tried to run over to see if you were okay." Marinette watched Adrien's brows furrow.

"He what..." Adrien growled.

"But then I saw you unconscious in your car and I told him to let me out but he didn't and so... well... I punched him." Marinette hoped Adrien wouldn't think badly of her for it.

"You punched him?" Adrien asked. Marinette nodded

"and then I kind of jumped into the front of the car and unlocked the doors so I could get out and check on you and the driver hit the brakes and I must've hit my head on the dashboard or something." Marinette gestured to the two stitches in her head.

"and when I got to you you were unconscious and I was so worried and I just..." Marinette sighed "I never meant to get you into my mess and I never meant for you to get hurt." Marinette refused to cry because of Ethan even one more time. She just wouldn't do it.

Adrien just looked at her for a moment and then a smile crawled over his face.

"Marinette..." he said smiling at her proudly, he thought he needed to protect her because of the kind of girl she is. She's sweet and she's kind and she's gentle.

"You're amazing" but looking at her right now, he could see she was more than that. Marinette blushed deep red and dipped her head a bit.

Adrien just called me amazing She giggled internally.

"Alya and Nino are on the way." Marinette told him after she gathered herself "and your dad is on a plane here."

"but how did..."

Marinette handed him his phone. "your dad was blowing your phone up and he was so worried so... I just.. I told him what happened, I swear I didn't touch anything else." Marinette's face was red, partly because she was embarrassed that she thought that was a good idea to being with and also because she was pretty sure she said she wouldn't steal his phone again and she kind of did... right out of his pants pocket this time.

Adrien took his phone and looked between her and his phone and he shook his head and he laughed, he laughed so hard his ribs hurt and then Marinette was laughing too and by the time Alya and Nino showed up and saw the two laughing their heads off after everything that happened to both of them... Alya got the doctor to recheck both of their heads.