" same ole , same ole "

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯-there are days I just cannot Participate in life⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

-there are days I just cannot
Participate in life
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Waking up to the alarm clock ringing and the sun slightly in her face. Her midsection hurting from the abuse her husbands been doing lately. A groan leaving her dry lips, rolling over to see that he's not here. Slowly getting up , slightly holding her stomach. It hurting more than usual, too much for her to take. Breathing somewhat hard for her. It being easy to breathe in but not out.

  Grabbing her phone and turning off the alarm. The light from the phone hurting her head. Turning down the brightness and calling her job saying that she's going to be taking the day off. Happy that she's not working at Target today. People in there are annoying to her just cause she likes to speak her mind. Rolling out of her nice comfortable bed. Her back hurting when she does. Hissing at the shot of pain up her back. Cursing to herself wondering why she's still in the marriage. She could've walked away plenty of times but stayed.

  Standing up and slowly walking to her master bathroom. The one she worked hard for. Turning on the light and going directly to the shower. Turning it on and quickly taking off her unicorn onesie. Hopping into the warm water. A breath of relief left her parted lips. The warm water relaxing her tense aching bones. The first time in months she had the house to herself. No arguing when getting up, no fighting physically, just a nice realizing bath that she deserves.

  With paying the high bills all on her own and the abusive relationship, this is like paradise in harmony.

  Washing herself and her hair, Brooklyn turns off the water and leaves the shower. Rapping her towel around her wet body then looking into the mirror. Not really knowing to do with her curly hair. Happy that her hair is getting some length and growing from the heat damage a salon gave her. Deciding to keep it simple and put it into two big puffs. After that drying off and putting on location and deodorant, she puts on some simple clothing.

A black crop top with the word babe on the side and ripped light blue jeans, that didn't hug her waist too tight, with some black/white Adidas. Looking into the mirror liking the fit. Grabbing her phone, wallet, and keys, she leaves her two-story house. Going to her matte black jeep a gift from her mother and father.

  Unlocking it and before getting in , she gazed at the rising sun. The view Chicago gives is truly amazing but her heart still belonged to New York. Where she was born and raised. Getting into her car and putting the key into the ignition, hearing the 2-year old car roar to life.

    Closing the door and hooking up her phone to the radio. Scrolling through Spotify before landing on Lovelies by Khalid and Normani. Putting down her phone and nodding along to the chill beat. Putting on her seatbelt and driving out while singing along decently to the song heading to the doctors' office.