88. I Do ~ Jonathan Issac

Underdog Series [18]
I Do
Featuring Jonathan Issac

Jonathan stood at the alter of the Immaculate Conception Co-Cathedral on the beautiful island of St. Kitts, with his heart racing. He couldn't believe that the day was actually happening.

The day the love of his life officially became his Mrs.

The couple met at FSU as he was walking out of the campus church. Jonathan, a man of God, was also one of the star players of the Seminoles basketball team. He saw her sitting at one of the benches across from the church and something moved him to talk to her.

"Now i already know how you basketball players get down, no I am not sucking her dick." She quickly dismissed him. Jonathan watched her with an amused look, surprised that, that was the common perception of the players of his passion.

Yes, he knew they could be grimy, but wasn't expecting such blatant excuse.

"At least allow me to introduce myself properly and get to know you bit. I am Jonathan." He said as he hands out to shake. She watched him with a look of confusion as she placed her smaller hand into his.

"Y/N." She said as they shook hands.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Y/N and I'm looking forward to seeing you on campus soon." He said as he got up from the bench and headed towards the practice facilities.

"Lord please don't make him too good to be true." He heard her mumble to herself.

Jonathan smiled at the memory as he heard the music for the bridal party play. The sweet sounds of the steel pan played through out the cathedral as two by two their close friends and families walked down the aisle. 

The flower girls dropped lilac and white petals on the ground and the ring bearer, which was his good friend Dwayne Bacon's son, walked right behind of them. Jonathan's heart started to race again because he knew she was about to enter.

"All rise for the entrance of the bride." The priest said as the congregation stood up. The organ chimed through the room as the classic 'Bridal Chorus' played.

"Wow." Jonathan mumbled to himself as he saw the love of his life dressed in a stunning dress. The dress was a white lace dress with long sleeves and a v-neck, not showing too much cleavage. Her veil which was also lace covered her face and her father walked down the aisle.

Jonathan wiped the tears that escaped his eyes as his best man patted his shoulder with a small laugh. He couldn't believe that this was actually happening. He couldn't believe that this was the moment.

Her father finally handed her off to him, promising that he would take care of his daughter. The priest asked for the congregation to sit as he slowly pulled her veil back, wiping the tears that trickled down her face.

"Before we get on with the ceremony, is there anyone that wants to deny this marriage?" The priest asked as he looked on to the congregation. He nodded his head with a small smile as he opened the prayer book.

"Let us pray."

The official blessings and formalities were over and it was now time for them to give their vows. The priest allowed them to face each other and hold hands.

"Jonathan, you may go first."

Jonathan took a deep breath as he smiled at his bride to be.

"The first time I saw you that day on the FSU campus, my heart paused for a moment. You were honestly beautiful. As a basketball player who got the attention from all the other girls, you were the only one that actually grabbed mine. After our introductions, I explained my boys who you were and they clowned me, already knowing that you weren't attracted to athletes at all and I knew I had to change that." He paused as he chuckled a bit.