21. Black is Beautiful ~ Brandon Ingram

Black Is Beautiful
Featuring Brandon Ingram
Inspired By: Black Is Beautiful ~ Chronixx

"You know Brandon, I never saw you as the type to actually date someone in your race. Like all of these NBA players are out here usually messing with white girls." The interviewer said changing the topic. Brandon was doing a special with The Shade Room on young NBA players and was a little surprised on how the interviewer changed the subject from basketball.

"Um. No offense but what does this question has to do with our piece on basketball and my journey to the NBA?" Brandon asked with a raised eyebrow as he sat back into the chair. The interviewer smirked a bit, willing to try anything to get an answer from him.

"This is all about culture. Being apart of the NBA means that you are Culture Icons. When it comes to your fashion, they way you carry yourself in the community and even to who you date. It feeds to the culture." She continued with a smile. Brandon chuckled a bit and nodded his head. This interview was streaming live so he knew he had to be on his best behavior for the sake of the organization but he was extremely close to cursing out the lady.

The south was about to come out of him.

"Aight I understand. Our culture sometimes is also fast and always in somebody's business so here is my answer." He started off with a smile. The expression on the interviewers face changed as she was shocked by his opening statement.

"Persons in this league have the freedom to date, mess, fuck whoever they want. It is their life choices and they know what they are doing. Most black players associate themselves with a significant other of another race for two reasons. Either they are truly attracted to them as for who they are as a person or they are following a trend and simply just do not like women of colour. And it is unfortunate but it is their life I can't chastise them for who they mess with."

"So what you are basically saying is that it is okay for them to be with white girls even if the girl says derogatory terms such as the n-word and such." The interviewer chimed in. Brandon's face held a look of confusion, trying to figure out when he said such statement.

"Bi- Miss. I never said such. And no I wouldn't condone such things but it is not my position to tell grown ass men what to do with their lives. Simple as that." Brandon said before letting out a sigh.

"So where do you stand in this. Like have you ever messed with someone outside of your race?" The interviewer asked as a follow up question. Brandon shook his head in disbelief, slightly upset that his agent has him on this blog.

"Man. Y'all just want to know my business. Right?. Okay." He said as he clapped his hands together. "No I've never messed with someone out of my race. All of my exes, flings, whatever were black."

"And your current girlfriend that has been rumored about." She said with a slick smirk. Brandon wanted to go over there smack it off her face but his parents taught him to never put a hand on a woman and also he needed to keep his job.

"My actual girlfriend, Y/N, did everyone get that, Y/N is an African Queen. So. Anymore questions?" He stated with high level of annoyance in his voice.

"Yes actually. It is known for basketball players to step out on their significant others, sometimes more than once. Have you ever cheated and what are your thoughts on these guys?" She asked with the biggest smile ever. Brandon just hated the level of petty she was on right now.

"Kings don't step out on their Queens. With that statement, when I was younger I didn't understand that sentiments of it. Now I know better and I could never do that to Y/N." Brandon said with a smile. He looked around the set to see his agent.