Episode 18 - Let's play

Start from the beginning

He looked away and I saw him grit his teeth.

"Hindi mo yon magagawa. I know it! And if so, we could just talk to our parents and maybe sort things out!" - I trembled but managed to muster up the energy to talk.

Because talking more meant spending more time with him.

"Myrah..." - he started.

"Past na yun! Iba na ang panahon ngayon! Baka pwede pa pag-usapan!" - me

"Myrah...." - him

"Or kung hindi, pwede naman tayong tumakas. We could live by ourselves or we could --- " - I wanted to rant out more. I wanted to block him off more. I wanted to say more.

But he held my shoulders and turned up the volume of his voice.

"MYRAH!" - he shook me and made me stop ranting nonsense.

Kinuha niya ang mga kamay niya sa balikat ko and he stepped back.

He held a cold stare and it seemed like this wasn't the Kieth I knew and loved.

"Stop running away." - he said.

"What do you mean? I'm just standing." - I pulled out an inappropriate joke and laughed at it.

"It's true. I used you." - he confessed.

And then I heard the shattered pieces of my heart scatter ten-fold.

My chest tightened and my lips quivered.

"N-No... that can't be...." - I denied with a broken voice and my eyes welled up again. "Your father must have forced you right?"

He stiffened at the mention of his father's but he didn't make it obvious.

"He didn't do anything. Your family sickens me. This was MY choice." - he declared and pounded the rest of what's left in my heart.

My lips shook as I mustered a smile, "Y-You c-can't mean that...." - streaks of tears fell down my cheeks.

"I meant everything I said. I've lost interest in you. I broke you. I played with you. And now, we're over." - he said each phrase with a knife through my chest.

No...

Though labag sa kalooban ko, I wanted to ask no matter how painful the answer was. "You...." - I started as my chest kept on twisting in pain. " never..... loved me?" - every tear I've been hiding was poured out.

I looked at him with a speck of hope in my eyes but he blankly said, "Never."

Nawalan ako ng lakas sa mga paa ko.

Bumaba ako sa lupa and with a thud, my knees hit the ground.

Tumalikod siya sa'kin and started to walk away.

But before he could take more than 3 steps, he stopped and said, "I never loved you. Don't talk to me again. Trash." - his back to me and started to walk away.

He left me alone with those last cold words.

And I couldn't do anything but cry and stare at his retreating figure.