Chapter 09

This chapter contains strong subject matter. Reader discretion is advised.

Chapter 09 -

David ran to the Dental Medicine Department and even missed a class to find Ann. She was getting into another class. He grabbed her arm and she nearly screamed.

But when she was about to react, she realized it was him and he was so contrite.

She stared at him, sad, mute. He said.

"You don't have to say anything, really. I saw how you and Treves looked at each other at the picnic. You have my blessing."

"I didn't know we needed your blessing."

"Please, Ann. You misunderstand. I just want to see my friends happy."

Suddenly, she hugged him.

"I'm with Fred. Since the picnic," she flushed, mortified.

"Oh, Ann!" David caressed her hair. "Doesn't matter. We don't match anyway. Be happy."

He left Ann, but not so contrite this time.

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Nobody thought it would last, but John and Saoirse became the most popular couple in the university. On a bright morning, after breakfast, Saoirse tried to go to classes, but had food poisoning and wouldn't stop vomiting. John refused to leave her side.

"Get out of here!" she cried. "Don't look at me, it's disgusting!" she said, grabbing the toilet sit.

"In sickness and in health, remember?"

"We're not married! Yet."

She vomited a torrent of hot dogs and hamburgers.

John realized Saoirse had been eating more than she used to these days.

"I shouldn't have eaten so much, but I was so hungry!"

"I called Fred, but I don't know where the h-where he is!"

Treves and David burst into the room.

"What's up?" asked David.

"She's had food poisoning," said John, overly concerned.

Treves scratched his goatee and sighed.

"John... What's the frequency of this?"

"Frequency? What you mean?"

"The food is not the best here," interrupted Saoirse, placatingly. "It happens... More than it should, but I figure--" she started vomiting again.

"Oooh, shit." said David.

Saoirse was brushing her teeth while they waited. John looked very confused.

"All right," Treves licked his lips. "Whenever you're ready, I need to talk to you. Both of you."

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

They were all sitting on a small sofa in Saoirse's room. 

"Pregnant?" asked Saoirse, staring at the instant test Treves took from the university pharmacy.

"So it indicates on the three tests you took," said the doctor, sounding worried.

"How could this happen?!" said John, starting to pace.

"Really, don't you know?" inquired David sarcastically.

"I'm gonna have a baby?!" said Saoirse, effusive.

"Saoirse!" all three of them shouted.

"Do you think this is a joke? You can't have this baby!" protested John.