Chapter 01

Chapter 01 -

Harvard, third semester

Saoirse was checking her mail, sleepy. A random girl passed by and pulled her ponytail with all her might.

"Hey!" cried a red-haired boy with alabaster skin and green eyes, like Saoirse's. The tad difference between them was that Saoirse's skin was freckled.

Freckled all over, to her misery.

She felt like she had the measles, permanently. Saoirse even avoided looking at herself in the mirror.

And that caused her problems, of course. Such as, bullying. She hated having to be taken under her big brother's wings, but it always worked. Anyway, it was he who overprotected her.

Not like she needed any protection. Not in freaking Harvard!

She would have to ask David to tone it down. Saoirse would never make any friends with him acting as a guard dog!

Not that anyone would want to be her friend...

What the-

A letter!

David probed behind his sister's shoulder. Saoirse gave him an evasive.

"Let's go. We're gonna be late," she said, hiding the letter in her purse.

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

"If I may be so bold, Miss Brennan, I've been watching you for a while. I've been craving to touch your hair, your hair that is like fire and will probably burn me. You would burn me. Forgive me for being so forward. I can't stop thinking of you."

Biting her thumb nail to the point of hurting, Saoirse read the letter carefully, during one of her Literature classes and her heart pounded. She searched and searched for this someone. Everyone seemed commonly engaged in their current activities.

"When I think of you, I feel consumed by fire, a hunger, like I've never felt before. Don't bother, you're searching. I'm right here, but you'll never find me. Or I'd never be so bold. You deserve better."