Chapter 6

It's been a few weeks since my encounter with Austin. I haven't really seen him since. I stayed hidden for a while to let the bruise on my face clear up, so I haven't seen anyone but Alan. I was so paranoid that he would ask Alan about it, since he wouldn't get any answers out of me. But I hadn't heard anything from either of them relating to the topic. I knew for a fact Alan would talk to me about it if Austin said anything to him, so after a week went by and hearing nothing, I relaxed a little. I was still worried how the subject would come up eventually, I knew it was inevitable, but I hoped Austin had decided to leave it alone for a while. It's what was best for everyone, really.

Things between Alan and I had been really good. Nothing terrible had gone on these past few weeks, he had actually been relatively calm. I don't remember a span of time this good since we first started dating two years ago. Maybe the distraction of working in the music store every now and then was a good stress outlet. And now part of me dreaded the day they finally filled the position with a permanent employee.

"Let's make dinner." Alan whined from next to me as we walked side by side back into the house. We had just spent the day adventuring around LA, despite the fact we've been there dozens of times before. I felt so relaxed and carefree, something I don't usually feel when I'm with Alan. But these past few weeks had been more than great progress for us. I guess I had just instictively let me guard down, and hopefully, I could keep it this way.

"Remember last time we tried to cook on our own?" I reminded him, thinking back to the time when we both tried to make italian and the entire kitchen almost caught on fire. Not to mention we had to replace the oven and mircrowave. By the way he laughed beside me, I knew he remembered that horrible night as well.

"True, true." He nodded as he unlocked the front door. "Pizza then?"

"Sure!" I smirked at him as he held the door open for me.

"I'm gonna make the kitchen not look like a disaster." I heard him shout from the other room. I rolled my eyes and chuckled a bit.

"K, babe." I yelled back, searching my bag for my phone.

I jumped onto the couch with my phone in hand, dialing the number of the pizza place down town, a number I knew by heart at this point. I should really just put them on speedial. I ordered two pies with a bunch of random stuff on them, because we never knew exactly what we wanted. It always turned into a big process if we tried to plan what to get. A few minutes later, I got up to help Alan straighten up the kitchen.

"I think I've lost count on the number of times we've settled on just ordering pizza for dinner." Alan smirked as he came closer to me, arms snaking around my waist. I put my hands on his chest and smiled up at him, laughing lightly before pressing my lips to his. What was at first a light, sweet kiss quickly became more passionate as he deepened the kiss feverantly. I locked my arms behind his neck as moved my lips with his in sync.

Things heated up fast as he backed me against the counter, grinding his hips hard into mine. I smiled into the kiss, his tongue slipping easily into my mouth. I reached up, tangling my fingers into his soft hair, making him moan as I gently bit his lip. His hands wandered around my body, eventually finding the hem of my shirt, tugging at it lightly. I could feel him hardening against me. I pulled away and smirked at him.

"In here?" I could see the lust clouding over his eyes, and I knew it was a stupid question. He effortlessly lifted me up on to the counter and began to suck at the skin on my neck. He reaching my sweet spot, making me roll my head back and moan in pleasure. I lifted his shirt over his head, exposing his toned body. I ran my hands all up and down his torso as he started to remove my own shirt. Once the material was thrown to the side, our lips reconnected instantly. I felt his fingers by the buttons of my jeans, slowly undoing them, slipping his fingers underneath the waistband of the denim.