Chapter 40: Epilogue #3 of 3

Start from the beginning

"I'll race you," She challenged.

"Nope. I'm old."

"You're only 34!"

I eyed her from the side Than took off. I was running at a decent pace but so was she. She was right on my heels before she zoomed past me. I grit my teeth and pushed forward, sprinting past her around the corner and into the great hall. Where...Ever and her boyfriend were.

I came to a screeching stop in front of them and Halyn cane running into me.

"Not fair, Mom! You got an unfair start!"Hayln yelled.

"You said wanna race. I raced," I countered, my chest heaving. I stretched a little. "I'm too old for this."

"No you're not," Ever laughed.

"You look great, Mrs. Schreave," Ian agreed.

"You must be Ian!" I exclaimed, pulling an Amberley and giving him a hug. I could hear Maxon approaching from behind as I patted Ian's back. I swear I heard Maxon mutter 'get you're grubby little hands off my wife' but what do I know.

Ian pulled back and smiled, but it slowly lessened as Maxon came closer. He cleared his throat.

"Sir," Ian greeted, holding out his hand. His other hand sneakily grabbed Evers.

"Your majesty, will do," Maxon said, ignoring the shake.

I slapped his arm. "Maxon be nice. You can call him Maxon and me America."

"Not if he wants to keep that hand,"Maxon mumbled, stepping back.

"Hello, I'm Halyn," Hayly greeted, more subdued now. She became her calm and cool persona as soon as strangers came around. It was a queenly trait that even I hadn't perfected. I was a rebellious queen from day one.

"Ian," He responded, kissing her hand.

"And I'm Jacob," Jake said, pushing Hayln out if the way. He and Ian did that weird bro hug thing.

"Let me show you to You're room!" Everleigh laughed, pulling him down the hall by his hand. Jake and Hayly followed closely behind them.

I smiled.

"She's in Love," I sighed.

"I know," Maxon grumbled.

Back to Everleigh/ present day

"I don't know what you want me to say, Ian," I sighed

"Say What you're thinking," He suggested.

"Fine! I don't want to be queen!" I admitted loudly. "I'd rather be a homeless eight than be a responsible, emotionless, boring, queen."

"Oh Ever," Ian sighed, pulling me into his embrace. "I wish I could help, but I'm about prepared to drop everything and become king if it means staying with you."

"No don't do that," I said, my voice muffled by his neck. "Why can't I give up everything? Why can't I become a two with you?"

"Why don't you?"

"Because I have to rule the country, I've been preparing my Whole life..."

"No," he interrupted, sitting up straight. "You don't have to."

"Yes, I..."

"No, call you're parents. Tell them we're coming over this weekend."

~oOo~ America's Pov, 2 days later ~oOo~