Chapter 16

So here is the chapter we've all been waiting for. The talent show. Americas song is 'for a boy' by Raelynn. in the story she wrote it but it's actually my her. Maxon is not as musically talented as America so in the story he did not write his song, but he did sing one. His song is 'classic' by MKTO. There song they write together will be next chapter. Enjoy!

"Are you ready for today?" I asked. Maxon shook his head. We were sitting in my room at the moment. We had just been sent the schedule for the talent show. We desperately wanted to know when everything was going to be. It was a welcome distraction because I was actually really nervous.

I greedily scrolled my eyes over the list. "I'm performing at.......2' o clock. And we are performing......last. Our performance is the last one. If that doesn't increase your nerves I'm not sure what will."

"When's my performance?" Maxon asked.

"Your doing a solo performance?" I asked in surprise.

He nodded sheepishly. "It was a dare from a friend."

"Oh......," I laughed. "Maxon Schreave at 1:30. I'll be there."

"Thanks. I could use your support," he chuckled.

"Shall we practice one last time. I have to get ready soon. The show starts in an hour, but I can schedule some practice time somewhere in there." I said jokingly.

He laughed. "I'm glad that I'm important enough for you to clear your schedule."

I sat at the piano. "Well you are my prince," I teased. "You have it all memorized?"

He nodded and I began to play. We had gotten much better over the past couple of weeks. He was better at singing and o was better at singing with him. I'm more of a soloist. Singing duets isn't my thing, but Maxon's a good partner. So we made it work.

I played the last couple of notes and squealed. "That was great!" I chirped and hugged him.

He laughed. "It was," he agreed.

"Okay now get out," I shooed him away. "I have to get ready. I'll see you at the show. Save me a seat."

He nodded and left.

I ran into my closet. I was about to perform in front of the whole school, the French and Illean royal family, my family, whichever other province royal family's came, and Maxon! What do you wear for such a big day

It has to be elegant as to show I am much more then a five, but compliment my eyes and hair. So definitely blue. Baby blue. And it can't be a long dress or I'll trip. And do I wear heels and ballet flats. Ugh!

I spotted in the very end of my closet a dress that was timeless and elegant. I put it on and walked to the mirror. The silver sparkly bodice complimented the bracelet Maxon gave me. I twirled around. The twirling blue fabric of the skirts complimented my eyes. Celestes words not mine.

I slipped on glittery heels that matched the top of my dress. I don't want to go into to luv detail on my attire because you guys honestly don't care. So I'll just tell you I fixed my hair and headed off to the showcase.

~oOo~

I slid into a seat next to Maxon after Picking up May. May sat next to me. She was pouting. Apparently Viveca and her little group of friends were performing a dance number and she was jealous. Understandable. I would be too, but she doesn't go to school hear. She refused and she's Mommys little baby so my mom obliged.