Forever And For Good | NozoEli | (DragonAge!AU)

The world seemed quiet for a moment. The chaotic sounds of the bustling city and busy villagers lost at a distance and into the night's never-ending darkness. Even the forest seemed to have also joined in the silence, only peacefully accompanied by the soothing sounds of a nearby running river and the calls of fully awake nocturnal creatures.

The rebel mages and templars' senseless war have caused many innocent people to be displaced. Many of the insurgents have split into different factions. The templars and mages who refused to join were left to their own devices with no support from either. Only very few remain loyal to their duty, and that included the former Knight-Captain who roam the lands alone.

With her own Circle destroyed, her fellow templars running rampant and many mages resorting to blood magic, she had nowhere else to go.

Shuffling could be heard from behind, causing the lone figure to stay still and listen for movement.

“A lovely night for a secret rendezvous,” whipping herself around, there stood illuminated slightly by the crackling campfire a curvaceous figure of a smirking purple haired young woman, “Don't you think, miss templar?”

The young woman was clothed in a long elegant robe that flowed down to her feet in a deep bluish colour and accented by gold threading. She held a staff in one hand which seemed to emanate powerful enchantments as the lone templar studied it. At first she seemed fully taken in by the beauty before her, but the phylactery that hung around her neck snapped her out of her stupor, and by reflex she withdrew her sword.

“Apostate!” She snarled as she pointed the sword towards the mage, but making no indication to attack or backing down either.

The purple haired mage barely even reacted as she studied the vial of blood hanging around the blonde templar's neck. Her viridian eyes staring blankly in fixation at the glowing phylactery before slowly moving upwards to meet the templar's icy blue ones.

As their eyes met, the blonde felt her breath hitch at the intensity of the stranger's incisive stare, but immediately composed herself when the mage smiled at her. “State your name, mage.” She sternly said.

The purple haired mage only raised a brow at her in amusement, “I know it's been awhile, but I'm shocked you've already forgotten, Knight-Captain Eli.”

Eli's eyes widened at hearing her name, clearly confused as to how the apostate even knew her name and rank, seeing as most of her colleagues and charges were either killed or had joined the rest of the rebel mages in Redcliffe or the other templars led by Lord Seeker Lucius. The mage's perceptive gaze immediately caught this reaction and just sighed before responding, “We were both from the Otonokizaka Circle of Magi, and you were there during my harrowing.”

She stepped closer into the campfire's glow in hope that the templar would recognise her. As soon as Eli was able to fully survey in the mystery woman's features, surprise quickly took over as she lowered her sword to point at the ground.

“And we were lovers for many years after.” The purple haired mage added and smiled sadly.

“No…zomi?” Eli spoke softly, still in disbelief, “But, they said you died during your escape all those years ago? This is not possible. I can't- Unless…”

“Eli?” Nozomi said, her brows furrowed in concern, “It's me. Reall-”

“Unless you're a demon!” Eli barked out, anger seeping through her words as she raised her sword again. “How dare you take her form in front of me!” By now, her blue eyes were glossy as she glared at the girl in front of her.

Nozomi felt her chest constrict at the sight, regret crawling up on her as she could almost feel the sadness and anger radiate from the blonde. But, she needed to be calm in order for this unexpected reunion to end in a more positive manner. Taking a deep breath, she proceeded to talk reason into the heavily affected blonde, “Eli, I am no demon. This is no trick of the Fade-”

“Silence, demon! I will not be deceived by your lies!” Eli's grip on her blade had tightened and was slightly shaking, though she tried to minimise it by adjusting her hands.

Nozomi noticed that Eli was still unconvinced, so she continued, “Eli, look at my phylactery.” She said pointing at the still glowing vial of blood, “Would that still be working if I had been dead or if I were truly a demon?”

The blonde tensed at her words. Her eyes flickered between the phylactery around her neck and to the purple haired mage before her. For a moment she seemed torn on what to do, but eventually her features softened afterwards as she let go of her sword, making it fall to the ground as she herself dropped on her knees as she stared disbelievingly at her supposedly deceased lover. Not saying a word, she stared wide eyed and mouth agape as she struggled for words.

Having sensed Eli's distress, Nozomi quickly went to Eli's side worriedly. As she knelt in front of her, she gently placed her hands on the blonde's tear stricken cheeks to wipe them away.

“Nozomi.” Eli croaked out as the tears continued to fall, her own hand reaching out to touch Nozomi's own. “Nozomi…” She said again, as if to confirm that the purple haired mage is really there.

“Yes, Eli. It's really me.” Nozomi said, her own tears betraying her calm demeanour. “I did escape. I'm real. I'm alive.”

They stared intensely at one another and held onto each other as if the other would disappear if they even as much move an inch away. Eli's own ocean blue eyes never leaving Nozomi's own forest green ones. But it was shadowed with a small amount of doubt.

Nozomi saw this, so she reassured her kind and loving templar, “And I promise I'm staying with you this time. I won't let anything else keep us apart again. As long you'll have me, forever and for good.”

______________________

A/N:

I love dragon age and i love nozoeli. So this is two doses of love from author-san to you all! 😋😊😊

Please tell me what you all think. I know it's much shorter than what I usually write, but any feedback would be much appreciated!! 😀😀