Chapter 5: School Day

Author's Note: 

I noticed as I perused through the comments of the previous chapters that there are a lot of younger readers among you.  I don't know why Wattpad only has two ratings available ("mature" and "appropriate for all audiences"), but if you go off of ArchiveOfOurOwn.org ratings, this story is rated T (ages teen and up)

Disclaimer: I must make it clear that if you are not old enough to watch a PG-13 movie, you might not be old enough for this fanfiction, as there may be some humor or situations that would be considered inappropriate or too mature for that anyone below that age group. I'm not your parent. I'm not gonna stop you. But I also won't be responsible for anyone who reads beyond this point and gets "offended". You have been warned.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next morning was much more pleasant to both of them than the first, and much less dramatic. Adrien was pulled out of his dreams by the warm body in his arms stirring lazily, the weight of her head pressed into the crook of his neck. He cracked one eye open, glancing down to the sleeping figure beside him. Marinette was laying with her torso half-draped over his chest, her free hand gently splayed over his shoulder. Her breath was tickling the side of his neck and he repressed a giggle, softly nudging her awake, "Wakey, wakey, Sleeping Beauty! We have school today!"

"Just give me ten more minutes, Chat, please,"

Adrien's hand stilled on her shoulder, and the sudden lack of motion seemed to be enough to jerk her out of her precious slumber. She jolted backwards, almost falling off the bed in the process, and stared at him with wide eyes.

Throat dry, Adrien stared back, stammering weakly, "D-did you just call me Chat?"

She let out a loud groan, hiding her face in her pillow. "I'm so sorry... You can't tell anyone, okay?"

When Adrien nodded, very well aware of the secret his friend was about to confide in him but curious about the way she was going to word it, Marinette sighed softly, "The thing is, from time to time, Chat Noir drops by my house. He's stopped by a few times while I happened to be asleep in my chair, must be where the confusion stems from... I'm really sorry."

"Are you two close?" he asked, conscious that he was grasping at straws by that point. Why her opinion on his leather-clad alter-ego mattered that much to him, he couldn't say, but he couldn't stand the idea of her disliking Chat Noir.

Thankfully, she cut his misery short, answering with a fond smile, "I guess you could say that. He's kind of a goofball sometimes, but he's the bravest and kindest soul I've ever met. Don't ever tell him I said that, but he's amazing."

Adrien couldn't have kept the goofy grin off his face if he tried. So he instead attempted to morph it into a teasing smile, his eyes sparkling mischievously. "Seems like someone's quite fond of a certain cat."

She blushed, a lovely shade of red that made his heart race a little faster in his chest. "Who isn't? I mean, sure, he can't cleanse the akumas by himself, but anyone with a functional brain knows how great a team he and Ladybug are, and how lucky we have to have them watching over us. She would be lost without him."

"