Chapter 4: Agreste Mansion

The car trip toward the Agreste manor was silent at most. Adrien and Marinette sat next to each other on the backseat, keeping as much distance as was humanly possible despite the handcuffs. Remnants of their respective blushes adorned both of their faces, and every single time their eyes met, a brand new layer of red to their cheeks.

  Remnants of  their respective blushes adorned both of their faces, and every single  time their eyes met, a brand new layer of red to their cheeks

The Gorilla put an end to their misery soon enough, pulling up in front of the mansion. Marinette let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding as she slid from the seat, following Adrien out of the car, hopeful she'd manage to calm her upset heart down.

She couldn't stop thinking about the way his hands had felt familiarly amazing on her hips as he held her against the wall, and the pleasant tingle of his breath on her neck. When he had gently took her fingers into his, whispering gentle encouraging words to her despite their audience, she had felt her heart clench in a familiar, yet wonderful way. For a moment there, she had felt as if she and Adrien had belonged together, as if they were if they were in their own private bubble, and the feeling had been truly amazing.

She looked at him, one of her very best friends, climbing the steps of the mansion besides her, doing his best to walk at a pace comfortable for her. He was watching her too she could see now, from the corner of his eyes, and when blue met green a kind smile crept on his lips. "Ready to enter the dragon's den?"

Marinette chuckled, her fingers lacing through his out of their own accord. "Can't be that bad, right? I mean, it's not like you tied yourself to me on purpose."

"If I had known it would get you to be comfortable with me at long last," Adrien answered cheekily, "I might have."

It took her a solid ten seconds or so to regain her bearings, taken aback by his smug smile as he held the door open for her. She followed him inside his house, still reeling from his last comment, and was about to finally try what she hoped was a witty comeback when a stern and cold voice startled her.

 She followed  him inside his house, still reeling from his last comment, and was about  to finally try what she hoped was a witty comeback when a stern and  cold voice startled her

"Adrien."

The young man beside her stiffened beside her, his hand clenching almost painfully around hers. "Hello Father. Do you remember Marinette? She won a few of your contests."