Chapter 7

Flash's pov

I was staring at Sophie through all these years I never noticed how truly beautiful she was. I saw how hurt she was from what peter had done. I just hugged her she was hesitant considering she was just in a towel but she didn't mind. we were safe I was going to keep her safe no matter what I had to do. We looked into eachothers eyes and as I was staring I noticed something I hadn't seen in her eyes in a long time, hope.

I never really looked at Sophie too much, only ever as a friend. but as I look at her she is so beautiful. How could Peter do this to her. we just stood there hugging, safe. she meant so much too me whenever I had problems she was always there. this time she had the problems I always knew they were there just now they were at boiling point and she needed someone. Peter hadn't helped so I will. never would I have thought me Flash would feel this way towards someone but Sophie just makes me feel this way.

we broke apart from the hug, I noticed the layer of tears on her eyes, "don't hold them back" and with that small sentence she broke down completely she always held things in had to be the strong one but she let her guard down and unusually it was with flash.

Sophie's p.o.v

I stood there crying in flash's embrace but all I could think was why would peter do those things and of all people to comfort me flash? I walked too my room to get changed and as I came back to the living room flash was on the sofa asleep. I covered him in a blanket and lay down on the other couch.

The next morning flash and I were leaving the apartment too my surprise peter was to, I look at his face full of guilt as flash stepped out the door he turned around shocked that flash was still there. I got too school and walked to Michelle and just stood there not really listening but walking to chemistry where at some point I knew peter would be waiting we were lab partners not much choice.

I walked in and sat next too him the tension definitely noticeable, Sophie coughed awkwardly to break the tension, "so did you do the homework", his face shot up instantly full of hope "yep" he then started rambling on Sophie was just relieved it was normal she was so nervous maybe they were just meant to be friends.

Peters p.o.v

We sat there talking for ages I started thinking maybe she forgave me, I looked at her, her blue oceanic eyes were glimmering as the sun shone on them from the window. maybe she didn't hate him, I was so confused to why I said those things she just makes me so nervous that every word that comes out of my mouth is a mystery.

i wanted so badly to tell her i made a mistake but i didn't want to ruin the friendship that I had just got back, besides she has flash. i was confused this morning seeing flash come out of that room i didn't expect it. i couldn't help but wonder if anything happened between the two she did come out in only a towel. peter started blushing at the thought. "Peter are you okay?" sophie asked. he was suddenly snapped out of his thoughts "yep yep" he replied coughing awkawardly trying to get rid of the blush that had snuck onto his face. sophie just laughed at the cuteness that was Peter Parker.

the bell went and they both exited the class. to sophies surprise she saw flash there waiting with an angry look probably because she was talking to peter. he seemed angry he walked up to sophie and too everyone in the corridors surprise she hugged him, peter looked away but as he did he noticed she was whispering something into his ear, something that made his body relax and he hugged her back, peter stared wishing that he could hug her.

sophie was coming over to work on the chemistry assignment peter was so nervous he was frantically cleaning his room aunt may just stood there watching peter with amusement never had she seen him clean with such urgency, she went to help buy going to his cupboard but he stopped her so quickly she almost missed his movements completely "I got it" was all he said she had no idea what was in there and peter wanted to keep it that way.

suddenly he heard the door knock and it was sophie standing there holding her work smiling awkwardly. they hadn't been on their own since that night and to his memory that didn't go so well for either of them. "hi" she whispered he smiled back motioning for her too come in he seemed to be at a loss for words and didn't know what to say she walked straight to his bedroom like she had been there her whole life and just knew her way around this just made peter smile as he followed her in some sort of daze.