Chapter 34

John's POV

I woke up the next day only sleeping for a couple of hours. I spent most of the night thinking about everyone I care about in the enemy's hands. I thought about my brother too and wonder if he's in the building with the others. I got ready not eating breakfast and heading down stairs to meet up with Marcos. I saw him talking with Lorna and Esme and I knew it was happening, we were going to save Lauren and the others.

I was distraught when I couldn't feel Lauren at all and Im worried to death about her. Our bond isn't complete and all I could think about in this moment is losing her, before we can completely come one. We all stared at one another and nodding our heads we walked to two separate cars. Lorna and Marcos will drive to agent Jace's house and secure the hostage. Esme and myself will head to the lab and wait for the plan to be set into motion. I started driving and Esme just kept quiet for the most part and I ignored her for now. I didn't trust her at all, but than I don't trust easily so I hope she doesn't freak out like she did before.

"I'm not going to freak out, I just want my family back same as you."

"Stay out of my head unless I give you permission too."

"Wow you don't trust easily."

"It has to be earned."

"Don't you wish you could just kill the people experimenting on us mutants. Keep your friends and soul mate safe."

"What are you trying to say?"

"What if there were others like us out there fighting back."

"I don't kill, it's not what the X-Men believed in or taught us."

"But it's the only way to keep them from coming after Lauren and the others again."

"I don't know what your thinking, but I follow Marcos and Lorna, your opinion doesn't matter to me."

"Whatever."

After the conversation it was quiet again and I was able to hear my thoughts. Why was she telling me this all of a sudden, and why bow when we're alone. I think back to when Sonya and me found her by Lorna's and Marco's room. I wanted to know why she was using her powers but I can't do it now, my focus needs to be on our current mission.

It took awhile but we finally got to our destination. We hid the van and walked the rest of the way, hiding ourselves from the security and waiting for the message from the other team. It was a waiting game now and I just hope they manage to get it done.

Marcos's POV

I drove Lorna and me to the address of where Jace lived. It was a huge risk and we could end up getting caught, but I believe we will be fine. I looked over at Lorna and saw her unconsciously rubbing her stomach slowly. I realized we haven't talked about the baby much, and I guess right now is a good time.

"Hey babe, have you thought about any names for the baby yet?"

"No, there's just been so much going on I never really thought about it."

"Well we have time so I think if it's a boy we should name him Marcos Jr."

"Why after you? I like the name Apollo better."

"Why not? my name is just as good."

"Well, I like Apollo its rare and it's the name of a powerful god."

"Well I think my choice is better."

"Hahaha whatever, but I was thinking if it's a girl I'll name her Auroa."