Chapter 11

Andy's POV

   I watched Lauren leave with John and I was alone. I was laying down waiting for my sister to return but I got bored. I decided to do some exploring to pass time. I walked down the stairs and saw family, friends, and those who were by themselves eating. I remembered the food I was given and decided I was going to eat it later.

   I turned a corner and saw a group of kids playing cards. Some were young and others were around my age. I saw they were playing war and wanted to join. Might as well make some friends I thought.

   "Hey do you mind if I play with you guys," I asked.

   They all stopped playing and looked at me with a calculating look. It felt like they were judging me to see if I was good enough to hang with them.

   "It depends what is your mutant power," asked a tall blacker haired Asian kid.

   "I tear things apart."

   "That's really cool, care to show us."

   "Not really I can't control it and I don't want any damage done to this place."

   "You can join us if you want, your cool enough," a Hispanic kid said to me.

   Well that was easy I thought as I sat down and waited for my turn. I played with them for 15 minutes having fun, when they all got quite.

   "Watch out the ice princess is coming," the Asian who I now knew was named Nico tell us.

   I looked over and saw a beautiful pale skin girl with bleach blonde hair with blue streaks. Her eyes were a striking blue and lips red as blood.
She wore a black tank top with the words "don't care" on it in white bold letters. She wore dark blue skinny jeans and black boots to complete her look.

   "She may be beautiful, but she can be a real bitch," Nico told me as he glared at her.

   "Why the look I have to pass by here to get to the couch," the mysterious girl said to him.

   "Wow didn't know hoes like you care about what others think."

   "Better than being a douche who's balls haven't dropped yet."

   "What you say to me bitch," Nico told her as he got up to confront her.

   "With how much you whine about me, you must be a bitch."

   I saw Nico lift his fist to punch her but I quickly intervened. I stood in front of her and took the punch instead. Everybody was quite and I was sure my nose and lips were bleeding.

   "Why did you get in the way for?" Nico asked me red faced.

   "I'm not going to let you beat someone when they haven't done anything wrong."

   "You heard what she said to me right, she had it coming."

   "After you called her a hoe, I think she was in the right."

   "You want some of me too."

   "Try it I dare ya," I told him as my anger got the better of me.

   The place started to shake and the cards were falling off of the table. Nico seemed to notice it was my doing and backed off.

   "Whatever be losers together for all I care."

   He motioned his group to leave and I finally calmed. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around to see the girl I defended.

   "Thanks for that," she told me and I thought about where I heard those words before.