20. Library

A few weeks later, Kyung Mi POV

I'm late to school. Again.

"Why don't you wear this dress, Kyung Mi? I bet it'd look really nice on you." Jimin says after I asked him to pick out my outfit.

"Jush put whotever on my bed." I reply, voice muffled with toothpaste as I rush to clean my teeth.

After I finish in the bathroom, I go to my room to find Jimin exiting, giving me space to change.

I don't bother looking to see at what he picked out as I strip off my shirt and shorts, and it's only when I'm in my underwear that I see the item of clothing on my bed.

My worst enemy.

The short blue dress that hugs me in all the wrong spots. When I glance up, I see my open closet, the only clothes visible being ones I have to iron. I don't have time for that.

Screw it, I think before slipping the thing on.

"Got you some shoes out here! And I packed us breakfast for the car, so let's go!" Jimin yells, and I grab my backpack before leaving my bedroom.

I force my feet into the shoes before running out the hall door where I meet him.

He takes a long look at me as I lock the door, and when I glance at him his eyes are wide.

"What?" I say, worrying my protruding chest disgusts him.

"You look gorgeous, Kyung Mi."

My heart stops for a second as I take in his wonderful compliment. "Really?" I look at him, eyes hopeful, and the blush tinting his cheeks gives me the answer I'm looking for.

"Thank you." I tell him genuinely before running to the direction of the car, heart still pounding.

+++

"You and your partner may now begin the practice test." The professor announces, and immediately papers are flipped over.

As I focus in to read the first question, Dong Yoo leans in closer.

"You know, you never told me what happened at the café that day." He mutters.

I don't have time for this.

"How about we finish the test first? Or, better yet, start it?" I give him a look, and he holds his hands up in defeat.

"Point taken."

We end up being the second ones to finish, and as I walk back to our desks after I turn it in, I hear a chillingly low voice beside me.

"Why are you dressed so inappropriately, bitch?"

My head snaps in their direction to see a girl who surprisingly isn't dressed like she's ready to flirt with any guy possible, and the makeup on her face isn't even caked on. She just looks like a normal person—except that she has a nasty look on her face.

Her eyes travel down, scrutinizing every skin cell showing on my body, making me feel even more self-conscious than before.

"Excuse-"

"This is a professional school environment. If you can't accept that then-"

"And what exactly is wrong with her attire, Miss Song?" A familiar voice asks behind me as Dong Yoo appears. "By no means is any part of it outside of dress code. What's your problem with it?"

She rolls her eyes before muttering, "not worth it" and strutting away. As soon as she's gone, I let out a sigh.

"Thanks, Dong Yoo. I really didn't want to deal with her."

He grins. "You can thank me by helping me with homework in the library."

"No problem."

+++

As I point out something to Dong Yoo in the reading, Jimin lets out a frustrated sound.

"Okay, how long is this going to take?"

We both give him a look. "5 hours." I say sarcastically and feel a little triumphant as fear fills his eyes before he realizes I'm lying.

"Ah, Kyung Mi, I thought you were serious!" He huffs. "How long, for real?"

Dong Yoo sighs. "Well, it'll get done faster if you stop complaining!"

Jimin glares at him. "Kyung Mi, he's obviously not grateful. Can we just go now?"

"Jimin I really think you should stop." I say, determination filling my voice.

"But why are you spending so much time with him? What makes him so special?" He replies, voice rising. "Do you really prioritize Dong Yoo over me?"

"Well, what if I do?!" I yell back without thinking. Hurt is visible on Jimin's face.

"Well, if you're so sure, then I'm just going to go to that other table where I'm not bothering you. Call me when you're done." His voice is so defeated I almost want to go over to his new table and make him feel better. But I made a promise to Dong Yoo.

"Alright, where were we?" I ask.