Fifth

Surely, trying to take in the fact that your teddy turned into a human being is a lot to take in, right? Now, you become this person who gets teleported to a toy factory and then this woman shows up telling you it's not a factory but a mothership.

Don't blame me if I'm losing my sanity.

I was doing pretty good for a person who was just told several unbelievable facts, but then I snapped and lost all sense.

"WAIT YOU'RE ALIENS?! OMIGOSH I'M ON A SHIP! NO NOT JUST ANY SHIP BUT A SPACESHIP FILLED WITH TEDDY BEARS THAT'S TRAVELLING THROUGH WORMHOLES TO ANOTHER GALAXY! I'M HYPERENTILLATING! I THINK I'M GONNA PASS OUT! WE'RE ON A SPACESHIP I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! YOU'RE ALIENS!" I screamed, pacing back and forth, my fingers running through my hair. Theodore was grinning, and almost laughing, he was covering his lips with a hand. He wasn't doing much to actually hide he was amused, meanwhile the woman only quirked an eyebrow and looked at me peculiarly.

"I beg your pardon?" was all she said, I gaped at her, how can she not know my panic?! I may be a million lightyears away from my home, from my friends, from my school and all she can say is 'I beg your pardon?'?! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

I opened my mouth to respond but Theodore cut me to the chase.

"I believe I should walk with her, Miss Tate. I'll make sure she understand what's happening, I'll make sure to bring her back to you before we leave." he said, casually taking my hand in his and slightly tugging me towards the door on the other side of the catwalk. I simply followed since I was probably on the brink of throwing myself over the catwalk and probably land somewhere in the pile of conveyor belts.

The next room was simply metal stairs that led up and down, he took the flight of stairs towards the upper level. He was still clutching on my hand, he squeezed my hand as we climbed the last flight of stairs that led to a metal door. He shouldered it open and we were at the roof. Wait, a roof?!

He dropped my hand, and he turned to look at me. He was smirking. I might have overreacted on the whole mothership part...

"Why are you smirking at me?" I glared, his smirk grew wider, almost a grin but not quite. He never looked more handsome. I averted my eyes, and ducked my head. I could feel my face heating up, I can't have these weird ideas about my teddy bear. See, it's as ridiculous as it sounds.

"You look absolutely adorable when you're impossibly clueless." he muttered, I pretended that I didn't hear what he said, imagine crushing on your teddy bear! That is not normal so I did what any flustered teenage girl would do.

I cried.

Like a child bawling, throwing a tantrum when you've taken away something dear to her.

In this case, it was my sanity.

Or my lack of it.

"Wha-why, hey w-why are you crying?! Hey! Wait, did I say something?!" he crouched down to wear I sat on the ground, I shook my head as I let the tears flow down my eyes. I feel so stupid, this cannot possibly get any more ridiculous.

His face was full of concern, and I bawled out my eyes even more. This cannot be real, he can't be real. I hiccupped and tried to regain my composure but it took me a while, all Theodore could do was stare at me until I finally got a grip of emotions.

Sometimes, a girl just needs a good cry. You know?

After a while, I stayed silent. Thedore stood up, offering a hand. "Come on, I have to show you something."

"What are you going to show me?" I sniffed, I took his hand, it was soft. He pulled me up to my feet.

"Something that will probably blow your mind, again." he said the last word like it was an apology. All I did was nod.

He led me out of the roof and back to the factory to the other door to the other side. We walked through a corridor, he let my hand go and it was insane how comfortable I felt when he held it. The walls were white, with a few paintings that hung on it. Paintings depicting war, and what I assumed to be Theodore's kind fighting something, some kind of creature. It looked a lot like a hurricane, in each painting there was a hurricane of sand.

It looked odd, the hurricane formed near the bed of a child.

We reached the end of the corridor, and by the end of it, standing against the wall was a glass case. Inside it was a broken hour glass. It looked like an ordinary hour glass, except it was empty of sand and cracked in places.

"It's an hour glass, what's it doing in a glass case?" I asked, leaning in close to examine it. Nothing seemed particularly odd about it.

"It used to be the prison of one of the most evil creatures, or at least, part of his personality." Theodore shrugged, I looked at him like he was talking Quantum Physics and I was a nursery student. He looked at the hour glass and then he looked at me.

"He goes by the name of Lance, the moment he escaped, he took the form of a human. Clearly, he's not human. You may know him by the name of the Sandman or currently the Boogeyman." he said, pointing at the hourglass. Sandman and an hourglass for a prison. Oh, the irony.

"What?!" I stared at him. What does the Sandman have to do with anything?!

"Let me put it in words that you would understand: Lance wants you dead." he waited for me to process this new information.

"Why does he want me dead?!" I threw my hands up in the air.

"Because you imprisoned him."