Chapter 6

Chapter 6)

**Niall’s POV**

I picked up a slice of pizza.  The pizza finally came, and let me tell you, I was dying.  The cheese was that kind of cheese that melts in your mouth.  You know the kind, right?  The sauce is thick but there isn’t too much and there isn’t too little.  I don’t know why I love pizza so much.  I like chicken better.  I guess I just like the thought of food in general.  I’m kind of hoping I can find that one girl in the world that likes eating, eating and eating.  I watched Anna pick up a slice of pizza and shove it in her mouth.  If she was older, I might have gone for her.  She went in for the second piece when I hadn’t even finished my first.  I don’t know what it is about her.  I don’t find her girlfriend material, I guess.  I just think she’s cute like some sort of little sister.  I picked up another slice of pizza after I shoved the last piece of crust into my mouth.  I swallowed down some Mountain Dew and looked over at Anna.  Why the hell was she was faster eater than me?  I’ve always been the fastest eater I’ve known.  I tried to speed up but I couldn’t my throat was clogged.  I looked over at Louis.  He was chewing his piece slowly, trying to strike up a conversation with Zayn.  I think they were talking about Hanna and Harry and Jocelyn and Liam.  They were trying to mix their names together.  Jocelyn and Liam got Joceliam and Harry and Hanna were still undecided.  Finally they decided on Hannarry.  They were completely oblivious to the fact that Anna and I were having a hard core pizza eating contest.  I shoved in the last of the second piece just as Anna shoved in the last of her third.  I picked up a third, my stomach feeling full and heavy.  I had to beat Anna.  I had no choice.  I couldn’t let a thirteen year old girl eat more pizza than me.  She sat back and stared at the TV.  She began playing Call of Duty.  She got a headshot on Zayn.  Zayn swore but Anna thought nothing of it.  I couldn’t finish my third piece of pizza.

Was I sick or something?

Was something suddenly wrong with me?

I could always eat as much as I wanted.

What if I didn’t want to eat anymore?

I sat back in my seat, not saying anything.  When Louis asked if I wanted to play I shook my head ‘no’ and told him that I was probably tired and needed some rest.  I didn’t want to tell him about the secretive pizza eating contest.  I felt ashamed and unhappy.  Finally Anna asked what the problem was.

“I … I don’t know.” I looked at her and tried to smile.  “Do you really want to know or do you know already?  There is no way that you don’t already know what I’m talking about.  Didn’t you notice what we were doing?”

Louis looked down at my plate.  “Eat your pizza, Niall.”

I frowned over at him.  “I believe that Anna was challenging me to a pizza eating contest without telling me.  I obviously wasn’t ready so she beat me.  She ate three whole pieces of pizza whilst I only ate two and half.”

“So what?” Louis asked.  “She was just more hungry that you.  So what?”

“I always finish my pizza first.”

Louis rolled his eyes and Zayn looked at me as though I had just slapped a baby.  “All of this talk is about pizza?  Whatever, I say.  You two ate most of the pizza anyways.  There’s only one piece left.  Do you want it, Lou?”

Louis shook his head.  “Nah.”

Zayn picked up the pizza, scowled at Anna and me and then ate it quickly before Louis changed his mind.

It was ten o’clock and Louis decided that ten o’ clock was long enough for Anna to be staying up.  “Where’s your bedroom?” He asked Anna.  Anna rolled her eyes but didn’t say anything at all.  “Anna?  Please tell me where your bedroom is.  I really need to know.  It’s time for bed.  Come on.  Your mother trusted me to watch you and you have to do what I’m telling you to do.  No buts about it, young lady.  Shower up and get ready for bed.” He walked over and shut the TV off quickly.

Anna glared at him but stood up and headed towards the bathroom to shower.  “I hate staying in here.  Do you think we could go to a hotel or something?  I’ll pay for it if you bozos don’t want to.” She gave Louis, Zayn and me a challenging look and shrugged.  “I don’t care if you guys are coming with me.  I’m going to a hotel with Hanna and Jocelyn tomorrow and you three can’t stop me.  We can get separate hotel rooms, you know.  Boys can sleep in one and the girls can sleep in the other.”

I smiled.  “I kind of like the idea,” I said slowly.  “Let’s do it.  We’ll be spending two months with the kid.  Let’s try out different hotels and stuff.  We could check out a water park or something.  I believe your mother might be back in time for Christmas, right?”

“I guess so,” Anna said with a shrug.  “I don’t care.  She’s never home anyways.”

“That’s upsetting,” Louis said.

“Tell me about it,” Zayn said with a funny look.  “If my mother didn’t care about me …”

Anna snapped at Zayn.  “My mother does care about me.  I guess she’s just too busy with fools like you to have time with me.  Have you ever thought about that?  You guys need all of your dressing up.  For God’s sake, you’re like a bunch of fussy women.” Anna glared at us from the bathroom and then slammed the door quickly before anyone could say anything.  “You’re all a bunch of stupid-heads if you ask me.  I haven’t met anyone more stupid than you five. Except for maybe Hanna and Jocelyn, but I love them.”