Seeing double

Rock kept climbing for what felt like hours, until he finally found himself in the trash disposal room of Wily's fortress. One thing that Rock took notice to were all of the robot minions he had destroyed over the course of his adventure. Sure, Wily made sure to clean up all of the evidence from his crime scenes, but not a single robot was reused. All Wily would do was take the power core and trash them. Rock hadn't even delt too much damage to them. Rock simply scoffed in disgust at Wily's wasteful habits before going on to find Wily.

"Rock, can you hear me?" Asked Doctor Light from his communicator. "You've been pretty quiet lately," said Rock, "weren't you going to join me throughout my adventure?" "I know, I just got caught up in the robot Master repairs," said Dr Light, "it never occurred to me I could multi-task." "Well, better late than never," said Rock, "do you think the robot from earlier has a map of this place in it's programming?" Asked Rock as he moved as stealthy as possible through the metal corridors. "Yes, I'm sending it to your helmet's computer now, I hope it will help," said Dr Light. Within a minute or so the map appeared in the top left corner of Rock's visor where he could see it, but also look ahead. "Thanks Dad," said Rock as he quickened his pace.

Rock skillfully dodged traps and used his arsenal to fight his way through the fortress. Sparks flew everywhere as robots were burnt, blasted, frozen, and even thrown everywhere. Two giant hopping cyclops robots tried getting the jump on him, only for one to be lifted up with the Super arm, and thrown at the other.

However minions in Wily's hideout seemed tougher than usual. Sniper Joes had more fire power, Mets could take more damage, and there were also these annoying spiky enemies rolling around on the floor. Rock managed to pull through, and made sure to use the energy capsules he brought with him sparingly. He soon found himself in a strange room filled with blinking lights and flashing computer screens. Before long, an indigo and purple beam blasted down into the room, with someone shouting, "on the scene!" Rock couldn't believe his eyes, Wily had built a robotic copy of him!

"Yeah, shocking isn't it?" Said the copy, "I'm faster, stronger, and I have some neat fire power, not to mention a better color scheme," it boasted. It sounded completely machine-like, yet still spoke as if it had a personality, however Rock could tell he wasn't sentient, it was all just a part of his programming, it lacked a soul unlike Light's robots. The robot was also programmed to enjoy it's dreary color scheme, indigo and grey, with a purple scarf and red eyes. This thing was just a rip-off, it looked like an edited MS paint drawing.

"First the Sniper Joes, and now this?" Said Rock, "man Wily really lacks creativity." He equipped his buster and took aim. "If you're as good as you say you are, then prove it." "With pleasure," said the robot, unleashing a barrage of missiles from his buster.

His copy used a pretty limited array of weaponry, a buster, missiles, a laser, and bombs, however it's moves were too predictable for Rock and it felt too easy. Once the fight ended, the copy left for repairs as Rock just watched him leave. That fight was obviously just to stall him. He continued on his way out towards the rooftop of the building.

A real fight was about to begin.