XXII

A month easily pasted by. Amell and Gabriel were sitting on the sofa discussing weather or not Gabriel would go home. Gabriel missed his family dearly but they hardly ever even noticed him. With Amell he was happy but always racked with guilt.

"So what do you think? Do you want to go home or...." Amell didn't dare finish.

"I'm happy here, but I get the feeling my family needs me. I need them too. The time I've spent here was lovely. The best time of my life actually." Gabriel admitted, as his voice began to break.

"Don't. Don't do that." Amell said.

He moved closer to Gabriel and kissed him gently. Gabriel let a tear run down his face. Amell wiped it. Gabriel was sad to leave. It was time.

"I love you." Gabriel said. "I'll visit you. I promise. I love you. I love you more than anything."

"No don't visit. I'll just keep you from living your life. All I need you to do is to remember me and be happy. This is a happy time in your life, but I want you to move on. Your still young and I'm not. I've had love. More times then some people in their entire life." Amell said.

"I can't just forget about you."

"I'm not asking you to. I'm asking you to not miss out on your life like Malin did. I took him from your childhood. I took him from you and you needed him more. I was selfish."

"No you aren't it was his choice. Just like it'll be mine. I'll visit no matter what. Even if it's not often." Gabriel said.

Amell got up and got Gabriel's things. Gabriel stood too. Amell put Gabriel's satchel over him and kissed him one last time.

"Go home." Amell after pulling away.

Gabriel walked to the beach while Amell watched from the doorway. It was a sad day but Gabriel was ready. He was ready to home with Ethan and his mother.