I

His farther, the king was dying. He only had a few more days, if that. His mother, in grief for her husband even though he is not dead yet. His brother preparing for his coronation, as for he was the eldest. The kingdom of Arroyo is in grief of King Malin.

"Gabriel. Were are you?" His brother called. "Father wants to speak to you."

Gabriel opened the doors to the study to see his brother Ethan waiting there. His brother had brown hair, they both did, although Gabriel's looked closer to black. Ethan had a purple tail like his mother, he had her blue eyes too.

While Gabriel looked more like his farther. Green eyes, and a blue tail. Gabriel was always close with his father. He may have been more torn about Malin's death than anyone else in the kingdom. But he was hiding it very well.

"The doctor says he won't live to see the morning. Brother you are the only one who hasn't seen him."

"Perhaps I don't want to see him." Gabriel mumbled.

Ethan must have heard him. Because he said this:
"Gabriel, you had a bond with father that was closer than anyone else. Not even mother could get as close to him as you are to him. Now please. For dad."

Gabriel obeidant to his older brother, followed him to his parents' quarters. He spent the agonizing swim there preparing himself for a frail and weak old man which he call "father".

Once there, the guard let them in. He saw just what he expected. An old man being held by his wife. Each breath becoming fewer and far between. Malin whispered something to his wife. Something no one but she could hear. She moved from the bed side towards her two sons.

"He wants to be alone with Gabriel." She said to them. Ethan looked at Gabriel with contempt.

"Leave them. Now!" She yelled to everyone in the room.

Everyone left the room. The two other royals, the guards and the doctor. Gabriel slowly moved closer to his father. Who was becoming weaker by the second. He didn't want to startled him. The shock could kill him.

"Gabriel," his father said "you are more like me than you have ever known. I know who you are. You may not want to admit it, I was the same way when I was young too." Malin smiled then coughed.

"Father, what are you taking about?" Gabriel asked.

"You know very well what I mean. You are like me. You could never love somebody's daughter. I have never loved you mother. I love a man. He is the world to me."

"Father this....this can't be true can it?" Gabriel asked surprised.

"Of course it is. I have one last request for you, please."

"Father, I would do anything for you."

"Leave this kingdom. Go to the shores, tonight, once there look for a man named Amell. Tell him that I have died. Tell him that I love him, and promise me that you'll never make the same mistakes that I did. Follow your heart, be with the person you love."

"Father, I can't possibly do that." Gabriel said with a heavy heart. His father grabbed his hand.

"Yes you can, and you will. I know you will. Your the only person I've told about my husband. Please, tell him I love him...tell him......I........love................him."

With that Malin's hand fell out of Gabriel's. He was dead. Gabriel didn't want to leave him. Not after all the things he's told him. How was he like his father? He wondered. How was he to get to the shores he's never been he doesn't even know the way.

He looked at the lifeless body of his father. His eyes weren't looking at his son though. They were looking at his dresser. Gabriel closed his father's eyes and looked in the dresser. He found a map and a blade. At first he didn't recognize the places that the map marked. Then he remembered seeing these places outside of the barrier.