Episode 1B: Botanic Panic!

Start from the beginning

Mugman-The best thing ever for getting into trouble!

Cuphead-I don't need your sass, Mugman!

(They run onto a log with a pink spike ball floating over it. CUPHEAD runs past it and off the log, while MUGMAN slaps it first. It flashes pink when he hits it.)

Mugman-I mean, are you even giving a thought to the fact that these are innocent creatures you're shooting?

Cuphead-It won't be the last. Besides, it's a great opportunity to sharpen your skills before we go up against the first debtor.

(They run onto another log, which is probably the third or fourth one at this point. Another pink spike ball is floating above the log with a coin above it. In one swift motion, CUPHEAD jumps up, slaps the ball, and grabs the coin. The spike ball flashes pink here, too. Then they both run along.)

Cuphead-That was amazing! I didn't know I could do that.

Mugman-Do you think our powers have anything to do with slapping?

Cuphead-What makes you say that?

(That's when giant acorns with propellers start falling from the sky. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN dash out of the way to avoid them.)

Cuphead-That makes things a whole lot harder.

(They reach a ledge. There is another ledge on the other side.)

Cuphead-Looks like we're going to have to jump across.

(He jumps and dashes across the opening and reaches the other side.)

Cuphead-Your turn, Mugs. If your big brother can do it, so can you.

(MUGMAN nervously tiptoes to the edge and dashes across, landing in CUPHEAD's arms. CUPHEAD takes his hand.)

Cuphead-Good job. Now, let's get going. We have no time to lose.

(They begin running again.)

Cuphead-So what was it you were saying about-

(They come across a giant machine labeled "Acorn Maker" that is being cranked by a sunflower creature. More flying acorns come out the top.)

Cuphead-Alright, here it is. This is going to require both our fire power.

(He extends his finger.)

Cuphead-Ready?

(MUGMAN reluctantly extends his finger.)

Mugman-Okay.

(They both begin snapping rapidly. Most of the bullets hit the acorn machine, but several miss as well, most of which are MUGMAN's. After several seconds, the acorn machine explodes, and the sunflower creature operating it disappears. They jump to where it previously was and reach a ledge. Ahead of them are several platforms, between which are plants with teeth, similar to the Venus flytraps in the Mario franchise, that are jumping up and down and snapping their teeth.)

Cuphead-Oh, come on!

(MUGMAN jumps to the next platform with ease.)

Mugman-See? Nothing to worry about!

Cuphead-That was a lucky shot.

(He stands there for several seconds, waiting for the right moment to jump. At last, he jumps across without trouble.)

Cuphead-Alright, that's one down, quite a few more to go.

(They jump from platform to platform, waiting a few seconds each time so they don't get chomped. Finally, they make it to the last platform and escape the forest.)