Chapter 1: System 427

Start from the beginning

Lu Feng cringed.

"Can't you be nicer?"

"No! You're my host! I need to toughen you up! I don't want such a wimp to be my host! I admit you are handsome and young but you have such a weak body and mind! I'm honestly surprised that you kept on researching about doomsdays even though everyone talked bad about you."

"I believe in my own work." Lu Feng said in a cold tone.

"See! You have a bit of confidence! You just need to be cool like all those other hosts! And face slapping once or twice isn't bad either..."

"Eh..." Lu Feng looked blankly. How come this system didn't seem like those in the novels? It seemed to have a personality of its own and was too weird.

"Oh, anyways, I came here because the system managers were impressed with how you could predict all the doomsdays. A lot of planets and dimensions were saved by you. You're pretty famous out of this world. There was one more relic left that would have let you predict the doomsday for Earth but it's a pity you died before getting the last relic. If you died after predicting the doomsday for Earth, you would have gotten system 428 for solving all 428 relics. That guy's too cruel. He's known as the best system for the millennium but he's actually a sadist. The female systems like him for being a BL system but all the male systems are scared of him..." Lu Feng heard the last few sentences tinged with a bit of fear.

"Um, ok, but what do I do now?"

"You have to travel to other dimensions, kick butt, save a lot of worlds, and gain a harem!"

"That's it? And can I not have a harem? Women are too troublesome..."

The system said in a lazy tone, "Eh, do whatever you want. I'm just supposed to guide you and stuff."

'How can such a lazy system exist?' was clearly what Lu Feng was thinking. You could clearly see it in his scrunched up face.

"Hey hey! I'm lazy but that's a good thing! 'I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.' Haven't you heard that quote? Eh, who was it that said it?"

"Bill Gates. He died about a century ago. His company crashed and he fell into depression and died."(A/N: Sorry Bill Gates, it's just that I liked your quote a lot... I didn't want to kill you off... it just happened...)

"Um, maybe that wasn't the best example..."

"En. Anyways, what do I do now?"

"You know how you're pretty famous for predicting doomsdays all over the universes? We have to visit each one of them and do more stuff I guess. Oh, and you have to predict more doomsdays? Yea."

"Please elaborate," said Lu Feng who was starting to get annoyed at this system.

"Hey hey, calm down. What I meant was, you have to collect your rewards from the thankful people of the places where you predicted doomsdays for. And you can earn points. By predicting a disaster or doomsday, you get points. These points can be used to boost your own strength, skills or buy items. It's like those accounts in games you know?"

Lu Feng was in confusion.

'Why would I need points? Can't I just live peacefully?'

The system noticed his look.

"I know what you're thinking. But, you can't live peacefully. A lot of the very powerful planets or universes want you on their side. They might kidnap, torture, or do worse things to you so that you can predict things for them. By the way... call out "System" in your mind. You'll see why they want you..."

Lu Feng tried it out.

'System'

A light blue and transparent cube appeared. It twirled around the air and floated in front of Lu Feng's face.

[Name: Lu Feng

Gender: Male

Age: 28

Level: 1

Occupation: Seer, Idol, Dead

Physical Strength: Too Weak

Mental Strength: Too Weak

Soul Strength: Non-existent

Skills: Fortune-telling, Predictions

Specialties: Predicting Doomsdays(Level 98), Archeology(Level 63), Calculating(Level 76)

Hobbies: Drinking mango & peach juice, listening to music, eating, visiting parents' graves

Achievements: Predicted doomsdays 427 times, Infamous as "The foolish genius" by Earthlings]

Lu Feng was ready to spurt out blood when he saw all the information. Too weak? "Dead" as an occupation? And what's with the "Non-existent" part? Foolish Genius?

"427! What the heck!"

"Mhm, I understand. You must be happy with how you became an idol, aren't you? I will finally reveal my true self and your true purpose! I'm not like those fools who strive to become god systems, BL systems, or cheat systems! I AM AN IDOL SYSTEM! Hehe, how do you like my catchphrase? Anyways, I'll also reveal your job. You have to become famous to earn points! Being a Seer can earn you points but being an Idol you can earn a lot more~" The system said.

"Why am I so weak when my specialty levels are so high?"

"Ah, see, that's because I'm an Idol system. If you got an occupation system that was related to being a seer, you could have been at level 80 or so. But you got me instead! The occupation system who's a guide to being an idol!"

Lu Feng groaned.

"Hey hey! I'm pretty famous in the system management company! Anyways, let's get back on track. One of your occupations is a Seer. There hasn't been a Seer for a trillion years! The last one died yesterday! Seers pass their occupation onto their disciple or the person who is acknowledged as the next Seer by the occupation itself! That old guy had a disciple but he didn't get it. Hehe, he must be hopping mad by now! But we have to be careful, that disciple is a crown prince of one of the most dangerous and powerful galaxies!"

"Can I kill myself?" Lu Feng was seriously considering it. It'd be too troublesome to deal with all this.

"No, you're already dead and your mental strength is too weak. That means you don't have enough courage to kill yourself. I need my salary. And besides, if you level up enough, you might be able to gain permission to visit Earth."

Lu Feng did want to go back to his home planet.

"...Fine, what do I do now?"

"Your soul is currently being transferred to a body right now. That's why you can't see anything. You have to wait for about a minute now. Well, see you when you wake up!"

427's voice faded away and Lu Feng started to feel pain in his head.

It stung.

A lot.

Lu Feng screamed but it didn't ease the pain. If said, it only made it worse.

Knowing that nothing helped, Lu Feng clamped his mouth shut and waited for the minute to pass.

Ding!

"Lu Feng! Wake up!"

A/N: This is the story that was randomly created after I dreamt of what might happen on a doomsday. It just led to this story.