Finale: Part 1

Finale: Part 1

Lance gasped out in pain as he ran with Matt at his side.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!" He yelled out in anger as they burst through hallways trying to find an exit.

Matt glanced at Lance and finally took in the state he was in.

"I can carry you?" Matt said as more of a question than statement.

Lance hissed out "I'm fine! We're almost there lets go!"

Lance remembered most ships have a docking bay where they keep spare pods. It's usually on the left side of the building, where the team enters when they break into ships. God he missed his team.

He rushed passed the spare cells and froze.

'Oh god there are other people here'

He spun around quickly and hissed out "Matt get a pod ready, I'll be there soon"

Before Matt could respond he rushed down the hall and heard the sirens overhead go off. He cursed before rushing to the nearest cell and looking inside. Seeing nothing he went to other cells as well as called out, "Is anyone here?!"

When no response came he grimaced and made it over to the control panel and clenched his fist tightly before smashing it. The whizzing of energy that inhabited the area stuttered to a stop and the doors lay lifelessly.

He drew back and looked down at his prosthetic and drew his foot back before spinning and kicking the door as hard as he could. He groaned when the door didn't budge.

"God dammit! Just open!" He bit out as he kicked at the door repeatedly before he let out a war cry and threw his entire body weight at the door. He yelped when the door fell to the ground with a loud clang. He rushed in and saw fearful prisoners.

He watched them all before motioning towards the door "I'm a paladin of Voltron. And we're going to get out of this place" He gave a weak smile but noticed the hope that filled their eyes. He rushed forward and helped up injured prisoners. He saw the rest were ready to go and he gently picked up and older man. He nodded before rushing out and leading the group towards the pods.

The sirens continued to blare and he grimaced once again. He heard heavy footsteps up above. He hissed, they didn't have time to waste; they would have to charge through. He turned them around the corner and saw a group of sentries. He snarled before yelling "Keep going!"

He shifted the person in his arms to another prisoners as they pushed on through. Lance knew what he had to do.

He rushed forward and drew back a fist before slamming it into the nearest sentry face. He let out a vicious smile before spinning and flinging his leg into the unsuspecting sentries torso, successfully shoving it and nearby sentries back. He was being a damn good distraction.

Once there was an opening he dove out and sprinted down the corridor. He felt the heat before the blast hit him. A sentry fired their gun and the shot whizzed through the air, successfully hitting his shoulder. He cried out but continued to run, however slower. He skid around the corner and saw the group in the distance. He grinned and ran after them.

His grin however turned into pants and sweat began to soak his prison rags and his skin. The pain in his shoulder was becoming unbearable and more noticeable by the second. The sirens pounded in his head and he blinked his eyes slowly trying to focus.

After turning another series of corners eventually the group made it to the spare pods. He saw a stressed Matt wave them over quickly. He met them half way and began to load prisoners on the pod. Lance was the last on and gave a weak smile. He froze when he heard shots go off behind him and he rushed to close the hatch. The pod was overcrowded and stuffy, making Lances pain intensify. Matt quickly yelled "Hang on!" over the ricochet of gunfire off of the pod. With a whir the pod began to start and blasted out of the hangar. Everyone jolted forward and Lance yelled in pain. The pod continued to jolt and spin, avoiding gunfire.

There were prisoners weeping in fear as the pod was chased. Lance gasped out but tried to console them, however froze when he looked out in the large windows. His arms fell slack and he stared with wide eyes. They were here. They were really here.

Tears built up in his eyes but he forced them back and quickly rushed to Matt's side, "Follow that lion!" He gasped out. Matt looked up worried but noticed the hope and pain in Lances eyes and didn't question. He shoved the controls forward and sped after the lion.

Orange bursts of light showed through the glass as more lions whizzed past the pod and attacked scattered Galra cruisers. However, a blue light shone through it all in front of them and Lance let out a joyous laugh. A wormhole.

Matt grinned and sped the pod towards it. Lions on each side sped along with them and eventually everything was engulfed in a blue light. The pod was met with empty space. Stars, yes, lions, yes, and a large shimmering castle, yes. There was no sign of danger, explosions, or purple. The now escaped prisoners let out cheers as Matt docked the pod on the castle. Lance grinned and heard the hiss of the hatch opening.

The aliens rushed out of the pod, weeping. Tears of relief and joy were shed as many of the aliens fell to their knees, hugging others in bliss. Matt looked over towards Lance with worry as Lances skin was pale and sweat stuck to his skin. He failed to notice the large patch of blood and burnt skin on his other shoulder. Lance gave Matt a thumbs up and slowly made out of the pod. He saw the other paladins with blurry vision. Gasps and yells were heard. Lance gave a weak smile before feeling darkness overtake him.

He dropped. 

A/N:

I am so sorry it took me so long to update! Thank you for all the support and reads and likes, It means so much to me and I love you all!