New Discoveries

Damian’s POV

I swing my legs over the edge of the cold steel and set my feet down on the smooth tile floor. Instinctively I look at my surroundings and take in how white it is; white walls, white furniture, white floor and some not so white barred windows…I appreciate the brightness of the room not so much the barred windows. I heave myself up which invoke a series of painful spasms in my shoulder, reflexively I grab it and lose my balance falling into a wall. Whatever they shot into my system was some strong stuff; I can’t help thinking how this stuff is affecting Kuryen if it’s doing this to me. Once I regain a sense of balance and un-blurred vision I walk over to the sink and slash my face with water; my next endeavour is a toilet. Spinning around I expect to see it right behind me and am surprised when it isn’t.

“This place is a joke.” I say to myself. “What kind of place doesn’t have a toilet?” I mumble.

“For such a joke, you’re not laughing.” The voice behind me purr’s. I whip around to find a girl no older than me standing in my door way with a hospital gown on; her light brown almost dirty blonde hair is a mess pointing out in all different directions, which oddly suites her and her intent ice blue eyes are staring straight into mine. The way she leans in the door way makes it seem like she is just on a normal everyday stroll but the yellow and black wrist band on her arm screams someone is probably looking for her.

“Who are you and why are you here in my door way?” I ask looking through my hair

“Sky, Sky Michael’s is the name…running away from authority figures is the game.” She says with a smirk

“Well you can leave now Sky.” I say leaning back against the sink.

“Oh come on now don’t you want to know about that girl you came in here with?” she questions rising and eyebrow. I look up at this strange girl and realize she has information I need.

“Wait how you know I came in here with Kuryen and how do you anything about her?” I ask getting a bit annoyed.

“So simple, first off I saw the both of you being hauled in together…not to mention you were completely passed out and she was still wailing and screaming like no one had ever touched her before.” She says looking at her hands the smirking at me, what was up with her like that stupid smile was permanently plastered on her face!

“Ok so that answers one question, what else do you know about her?” I ask rolling my eyes.

“Well for one if you want to know anything about her you better not roll your eyes at me again and second I was being wheeled down the hall earlier and I saw he being escorted to what I’m guessing was the testing facility and by the sound of the shuffling boots and insane screams coming from that direction a little bit ago her test didn’t go well.” She said with a shrug coming further into my room closing the door behind her. I flinch at the new information…what could have possibly went so wrong...I know Kuryen hates needles more the anything else but enough to cause a commotion throughout the whole facility.

“Ya know I appreciate the information but you really should go before we both get in trouble.” I say yawning.

“Oh is the good boy worried? Well whatever it may be your worried about there’s no point in it being your friend because if she keeps acting the way she did when she got here she won’t make it past the week.” She mumbles with a shrug. Her insult doesn’t bother me but the minuet I hear her speak of Kuryen like she’s going to die sets me off.

“Ok time for you to leave.” I say stomping towards her so I can push her out the door. “I don’t care who you are you know nothing about Kuryen, what she’s been through or who she is so don’t think you know what’s going to happen to her.” I say before I slam the door in her face. I go back to the bed and plop down resting my arms on my knees and my head in my hands. I sit there thinking over the conversation I had, I start to feel tired when I hear whispers and shoes squeaking in the hall; I tip toe over the door and place my ear against it.

“I can’t believe he’s gone, just like that; that girl’s a demon she doesn’t even deserve to alive. I hear she even giggled after the fact.” A woman’s voice says.

“Ya I heard that to I just can’t believe such a small girl slit the throat of one of our biggest guys…that’s just insane.” A man replies. No way could it be Kuryen who did that she isn’t that type of person…she couldn’t hurt a fly let alone slit some guy’s throat.

“What was her name? Karen? Kaylene?” the female asked.

“Kuryen, Kuryen Severn, that was her name…she’s locked up in the southwest corridor in solitary now.” The male answered. A lump rose in my throat and a ball in my stomached made me want to throw up. I fell back from the door and grasped my head. How could she kill a man? What is happening to her now? What will happen to her if she doesn’t behave? Will they kill her? Will I ever see her again? So many questions run through my head I can feel my heart beat start to pound in my head and make my brain hurt. Before I pass out from exhaustion I vow to myself that I will find her and I will get out of here…as long as she’s still alive that is.

Kuryen’s POV

When I wake up it is so dark where ever I am that I at first don’t realize my eyes are open. When I go to run my hands through my hair it is hard and crusted and my memory suddenly floods back to me…the blood…the man…my laugh. I am suddenly ashamed of my actions and I let my tears flow. The remorse makes a knot in my stomach and makes me want to throw up. I suddenly realize I am under a thin sheet naked from head to toe. I lay back down with a blank mind and a numb body the sobs rack my body until I fall asleep…a dreamless but remorseful sleep.