Death Come's with a Kiss

I turn my rigid body around to see Bruce and Damian exchanging hellos. I never wanted to see his drooping eyed face again let alone have to stand here and talk just to act like nothing happened.

"Hello Kuryen." He purred my name just as he had only a few mornings ago. My lower lip trembled and he must have seen because his mouth rose into a crooked smile. He disgusted me.

"You didn't learn the last time you said my name like that!" I said in an aggressive whisper not wanting to attract attention. What was wrong with him I thought to myself; he still had the marks I had made on his face with my fingernails.

"Perhaps you have changed your mind on my little...offer." He said stepping closer to me. I had had enough I wasn't doing this anymore.

"That was not an offer." I said staring into his eyes with a cold unforgiving glare. I stood in front of him staring him down waiting for him to back down. He never did.

"Kuryen he did it didn't he? He tried to rape you!" Damian roared "You were stationed here to protect the people not degrade them!" he spat getting in Bruce's face now. "You touch her again and you will deal with me!" he yelled in his face pushing him making him fall backwards. "Come on Kuryen Lets go home." He whispered grabbing me and holding me; which I didn't realize I wanted until he did it. We walked the rest of the way home in silence; I was going over the past few days in my head trying to figure things out. Damian helps open the door for me

"You go check on my mom please I have to go to the washroom." He said pointing towards his mom's bed room and undoing his belt. I laughed to myself knowing how comfortable we were around each other.

"Ya sure." I say heading towards Alice's room. She used to be such a strong beautiful woman I thought to myself. "Hey Alice it's Kuryen I just wanted to check on you." I whispered touching her shoulder. Nothing. She must not have heard me. "Alice it's Kuryen I just wanted to check on you." I said fairly loud right by her ear. No, No this can't be happening not now, not without Damian. I put my head on her chest and listened to her very faint and very irregular heartbeat. NO! She was doing so well. "DAMIAN! DAMIAN GET IN HERE!" I screamed at him. He was there in less than two seconds.

"What's wrong?" he asked looking very calm which surprised me due to the fact I was a mess.

"It's time Damian, her heart is so weak. It won't be long now." I gasped between sobs. My face was drenched in tears. "I'm so sorry." I said after I stopped crying.

"Its fine Kuryen I knew it was coming...I knew she would have to leave me soon that's why I brought you here to do it with me so I didn't decide to go in the process..." He said trailing off at the end. But I knew what he would have done.

"We will stay till she goes." I said going to grab chairs. I would do everything in my power to make Alice and Damian as comfortable as possible. "Here's a chair." I said to Damian positioning myself right beside him. I sat and held him around the waist well he held his mother's hands in his. I never cried again I just sat there and comforted both of them.

"Damian?" Alice asked.

"Yes mom me and Kuryen are here." He said in a strained voice.

"Oh yeah Kuryen she's the one you told me about the pretty one what a sweet girl. She's a keeper Damian. Now I know it's my time I can see him...I can see god he is waiting for me. I need to go now Damian sweetie you know I always lo...lov...loved you." She said as her final breath left her body and her heart stopped. The sweet old woman I had known with so much vibrancy was gone and behind she left a little boy who was heartbroken. I looked over at Damian he seemed to be in shock. I picked him up and led him to the couch we sit there for a long time in silence until he breaks it.