Shaun's Smile

Hey guys! This is an imagine based on the last episode of The Good Doctor. Btw please pray with me that Glassman is ok!!! I literally was crying and sobbing while watching and my parents looked at me like I had three heads lol. Anyway, on with the story!! enjoy

It was another day at St. Boneventure Hospital- except when i got a page that Iwas needed in hospital room 28. A patient with Moebius had arrived. I hurried down to find Shaun, Jared, and Claire, along with Andrews. That condescending, arrogant asshole got on my nerves, but I put my happy face on and smiled at the patient.

"Hi! I'm Dr. Katie LaVelle, I'm gonna be helping take care of you!" I say with a little too much cheer in my voice. Shaun turned to state at me, wringing his hands. I glance at him and try to not notice.

"Hey," the patient says. Andrews goes through his shpiel, then dismisses the rest of us to talk with the patient alone.

We step out into the hall and Shaun pipes up. "Your happiness sounded fake. Why were you being fake?"

I stammer for words. "Well, Shaun, um- Well, I'm not a huge fan of Dr. Andrews, so I was tr-trying to not let it show."

"Why?" His innocent voice answered.

"It's- just I don't want to risk being fired. It's complicated."

Shaun doesn't say anything. Then Andrews comes out and tells us:

"We need to get her prepped, so Murphy, you go in and do that. LaVelle, you make the call to the insurance company and make sure they'll cover the cost. Kalu, you're on scut work." He nods and then walks off.

Jared looks bewildered. And then sad. "Jared, he's still just mad. He'll get over it soon. I'm sure of it."

"Yeah, well, I hope your right," he responds. Then he walks off. Shaun turns and goes back into the hospital room to prep the patient. I go and make the call, then come back to find Andrews talking with Shaun in an empty hosptial room. I stop and listen, cuz I'm just that nosy.

Andrews smiles this really fake smile at Shaun, and sounds really condescending. Not surprised. Shaun points his own close to his face, talking as he does. As soon as Shaun's finished, Andrews wipes it off his face, then turns and walks out as I scramble to look busy. Shaun walks out soon after, coming up to me.

He has a fake smile, too, one so fake it looks a little creepy. He looks straight  at me and walks towards me. "Uh- hi... Shaun. Is- everything ok?" I get out.

"Dr. Andrews says that smiling makes other people looking at the smile happy. Does my smile make you happy?" He asked.

"Well, uh, to be honest, it's kind of creeping me out. It just looks so-fake," I say.

Shaun let's his face fall and says. "It was fake. The dimples on my face aren't showing, so the smile was fake, therefore it makes other people fake happy. It's simple science," he answers, then says, "The patient is not doing the surgery anymore. I think I talked her out of it."

I'm amazed. "Shaun- why?"

"The surgery is medically unnecessary. The risks are very many and she might die," he responds. "And Dr. Andrews is angry with me."

I sigh. "It'll be ok Shaun. I promise. And, uh, for the record, I like your real smile the best. Your dimples are very attractive."

He smiles his real smile- the one that makes my heart warm- and says, "Thank you for the compliment. I have a girlfriend," and walks off. I laugh to myself, then go on about my day.

Aaaaaand end scene! Wow this was absolute trash 😂😂😂😂 but my brains not working well today cuz I'm tired so it's the best I can do for rn. Thx for reading!!!! Check out my diary while your at it, a whopping 13 reads so far!! New update coming soon! byyyyee