Chapter Two ~ Welcome to my Life

Start from the beginning

“Did he do that?” she whispered, I shook my head lying yet again, “but I saw him just hit you out there!” I shook my head, “he went to punch Louis, I just got in-between at the last moment.” That was the truth; I guess I was protecting Louis, in an odd way. “Then how did you get the bruise?” she narrowed her eyes, looking me up and down, “I rolled out of bed and smashed my jaw on my bed side table.” I lied smoothly, she gave out a sigh of defeat, she wasn’t sure if she believed me or not. “Look, Mariah you can tell me anything, I care about you okay? I hate seeing you hurt, please, just stop sticking up for a jerk like him and go to the police or something. He is abusing you… you may lie and I may believe you for a while, but still, if he actually is hurting you, please, just tell someone….” With that she left the bathroom.

I looked at my hideous bruise on my jaw sighing, I wiggled my nose and winced, it wasn’t broken or anything, maybe just bruised, my hair was all over the place, I shook my head again, I tried to fix it, knowing that it wouldn’t entirely work. I shrugged my shoulders, not really caring, thoughts clouded my mind, I began to think about what Dale was going to do to me, I shuddered, Goosebumps prickled all over my body. I lifted my hoodie and shirt, viewing the disgusting bruises on my stomach. Peeking from underneath my jeans, I saw a few scars from cutting, I pursed my lips, thinking and thinking, not sure about what just happened, I mean, Dale had said something’s, but I couldn’t remember much of it, they were lost by the adrenaline of the moment.

I quickly rushed back to my locker and began my work on my bruise, hoping no one saw. I slammed the locker door shut and headed for my next class, I was glad my nose had stopped bleeding, I entered my classroom, all eyes were on me, I blushed, hiding my face, I was pretty sure everyone had heard about what had happened at lunch, gossip spreads around this school like a wildfire. I sat down next to Helena, she just kept her head buried in her work all lesson, not even bothering to talk to me, she was obviously pissed. All because I won’t tell her what Dale does to me, but this isn’t her battle to fight, neither is it’s anyone else’s. I groaned heavily as time itself seemed to slow down, slowly torturing me, telling me that there is no escape from this hellhole.

After what seemed like an eternity, the bell finally chimed, letting us know it was time to get the hell out of here. I went to my locker, shoving my homework in my bag, I swung my bag over my shoulder, a hand entwined with mine, I frowned and looked up at Dale, why was he being so nice all of a sudden? I felt my eyebrows still knitted together when he asked me if I was okay, then he apologised for hitting me this afternoon. This sounded nothing like Dale, he offered to take my bag for me, I shook my head, he stopped smiling glaring in anger, I knew it was just a show, but as quick as you could blink he smiled again.

He put me in the car and sped away, the drive home was silent, he didn’t say a word, but the smile had fallen off his face, I huffed and crossed my arms defensively across my chest, I stared out the window, I saw my street but he just drove right past it, panic gripped my throat, “Dale… You missed my street…” I tried to sound calm and in control, he hissed as he had to stop at a red light, “You’re not going to your home tonight…” I gulped, he was taking me to his place, I knew his parents would be out tonight, he was going to hurt me again. He pulled up at his house, turning the engine off; he got out of the car and instructed me to get out. When I didn’t get out, he thrusted the car door open and pulled me out by my wrist. He opened the house door then smashed me against the wall, his hot breath lingering on my face. He aggressively smashed his lips against mine, forcing his tongue into my mouth, exploring every inch of it. I pushed him away from me; I wiped my mouth and glared at him. “What was that for?” I scowled, “can’t a boyfriend kiss his girlfriend?” he said sweetly, but there was sarcasm behind it.

He smashed his whole body against me, yet again, shoving his tongue down my throat; he roughly moved his hands up my sides. I yelped as he accidently pressed down on one of my bruises. He mumbled something against my lips. But this all felt wrong, he started to slide his hand down my pants, I pushed him away immediately, he glared, “this is what you want!” I could tell from his voice it was a rhetorical question, he grabbed me roughly, yet again, he came crashing down on some bruises, I winced, but that didn’t stop him. Dale sent coarse kisses down my neck, I frowned, he then smashed his lips against mine, I tried to push him away, but he had me pinned against the wall.