Part 2

I got home and Kate finished her article with the photos that were taken today.

'Hey. How was coffee with Christian?'

'Interesting. Quite frankly I can't see why he is even interested in dull old me?'

'Ana I have told you a million times, you're a babe. When are you going to accept that?' She spoke leaning against my room door while I change for work. 'I have finished the article. Want to read it?'

'Sure.' I smiled at her and we head to the dining table where she has been working on the article for a long time. 'Oh, one of the places I send my CV to called me back this morning. I have to be in Seattle the Monday after our exams.'

'Ana that is wonderful. Which company?'

'I can't remember but, I have their e-mail on my phone though.' I just had to change the subject.

'Coming back to mister mysterious how was he?'

'He was great. He wants to have dinner next Friday.'

'Really? Well- well, watch out world Ana Steele is on a roll.' She spoke in one of her funny voices and made us both giggle like high school cheerleaders. My inner goddess was doing very happy cartwheels all over the living room. I skim over the article and it is really good.

'This is really great Kate. Great work.'

'Thanks.'

'Well, I'm off. See you tonight.'

'Okay, drive safe.'

'Will do. Bye.'

At Clayton's store, I got to work helping early DIY families to get their weekend shopping done early before the other weekend crowd's stream in. It was around six PM when the last customers left and we could start to restock the shelves and it gave me way too much time with my own thoughts. I replay our whole coffee morning in my head. Some of the things I said I really wish I haven't at all. I got back later that evening and just dove into my studies. The whole week, I only came out of my room to go to work or going to the bathroom. Other than that I studied my butt off. I don't think 'Thomas Hardy' knew himself this well.

~~~OoO~~~

I finish my very last question with fifteen minutes to spare. I wrote the last word of the last test of my college career. I looked over at Kate she was still busy her pen moving frantically. I sat back and wonder what Kate had me do last night. She waxed, shave and plucks away any form of hair on my body. She even waxed me "there". You know. It was painful at first but near the end, I got used to it. So I am officially hairless. I started to feel happy that I am finally done with college. Feel like the smiling Cheshire cat in the new 'Alice in Wonderland' because the old one just freaked me out too much. Kate finished and looked over at me with the same kind of smile. Afterward, we head home and automatically went into celebration mode. Jose my photographer friend, burst into our apartment with a bottle of champagne in his hand.

'I have excellent news.' He smiled like a fool.

'What is it?' I asked returning his smile.

'Portland's Gallery has agreed to display all my photos.'

'That is wonderful! Congratulations.' I jumped up and gave him a hug and then Kate. I got some cheese and cracker bread from the kitchen while Kate got some glasses. Jose opened the bottle of bubbly for us and pour us all full glasses while we sat on the living room floor drinking and eating cheese and crackers. After my second glass, I started to feel a little heady. So I stop drinking. Jose later left and I got ready for my date with Mr mysterious Grey. He picked me up at six thirty PM and we head towards what looks like undercover parking.