Chapter 18~ My soulmate is a wolf, so why am i in love with a guy?

Start from the beginning

This bridge was harder to cross but I didn't give up and when I got to the other side there was darkness everywhere. It was the most frightening place I have ever been and all I wanted was to get out but I wanted to know who it was so I didn't move. At some point I felt a presence, so I asked what I wanted to know all along.

"Who are you?" I asked looking around but I couldn't see anything because of the darkness.

"You'll find out soon, but until then get the hell out of my mind and stay there." It was an angry growl but I recognized the voice from somewhere, I just couldn't quite put my finger on it yet. Even so that growl put me over the top and I just ran and with sudden force I crashed back into my body. I was breathing hard and my heart was racing. It took a while to regulate my breathing but laying there on my bed, I knew that if I told anyone about him or the man in my dream, they would do who knows what and that was when I made the connection. The man in my dream had the same voice as the man over the bridge and that frightened me. I already had dinner and it was pretty late, so I put my head on the pillow and closed my eyes. Sleep came easily and lasted until my alarm clock started blaring and woke me up.

In couple of seconds my hand slammed down on it, to shut it up, but instead I knocked it to the floor and it was still ringing. I couldn't help but think, my luck, I got up and felt for it blindly in my dark room, when I found it I quickly turned it off. Instead of going back into bed I headed for the shower wide awake. I usually took about thirty minutes showers but since it was a school day I ended up taking a fifteen minute one instead. When I got back it was fifteen minutes from seven and I knew that if I didn't take more than half an hour to get ready I would be okay. School started at eight but it was only a fifteen to twenty minute walk from here. After I finished the breakfast mama prepared I kissed her goodbye and started my walk to school. None of my friends lived in my area so I had to walk alone as usual. As I walked out the front door I felt the presence of my mate so it didn't surprised me when he came out of nowhere and took me into his arms and gave me a sweet hello kiss.

"Hey you." I said smiling, with every passing hour of getting closer to my shift my vision intensified, so did my hearing and smell which really gave him the advantage when I took in his spicy, musky scent. I kissed him again but this time it wasn't a sweet peck on the lips, it was a full-on-loose-you-breath kind of kiss that left my body humming with pleasure.

"Hey yourself." He smiled and kissed my forehead. I know it was something sweet and caring but his lips were like fire on my skin no matter where it touched.

"We should get going, were going to be late." I said and started pulling him along. He put an arm around my waist and we walked to school chatting about irrelevant things. Were about five minutes from school but suddenly I couldn't stop thinking about tonight.

"I'm scared," I hesitated "about tonight." I finished in a small voice looking down at our feet.

"Don't be, I'll be with you through the whole thing and then we can go for a run afterwards, you'll see its going to be fun." I said squeezing my waist and smiling down at me.

"Will it hurt?" I asked still slightly afraid.

"Not a lot, if you do as I say." He said reassuring me.

When we got to school our friends were waiting under an old oak that became our usual spot. I had first and fifth period with Jake and second and forth with Emma and the twins, Andrea was a grade above us, so we only had lunch together.

My first period class was Math, the only good thing about it was that Jakob was in my class. Our teacher Mrs. (lets just say) Z, her name was so long I couldn't pronounce it so I stuck to that. She was in her late fifties and one of those teachers that hate every second they spend with rotten teenagers. She was mean and if you asked me complained way too much about how much her life sucked, like she wanted to punish us by making us listen. Mrs. Z also gave way too much homework.

First period passed as slowly as every other day, but today I dint mind, the slower the day the better. Second period Lit with Ms.Szakacs (coolest and youngest teacher) passed in a blur and then came lunch. After dropping my things off in my locker I went to meet up with my friends under the old oak where they were all waiting for me.

"Hey." I said hugging my boyfriend/soul mate/fellow shifter. I smiled up at him and got a peck on the lips sending a shiver down my spine. He put an arm around my shoulder and I kept an arm around his waist.

"Where are we eating today?" asked Mark.

"Em's." Declared Adam. Em's was our usual hangout place after school and we also ate lunch there. It was a little country diner owned by Emma's parent. We had a yummy lunch and got back to school just on time. The rest of the school day passed in a blur, maybe that kept happening because I was so nervous about tonight and I couldn't really concentrate on things. Jake walked me home, but didn't stay and promised to pick me up at seven. I wasn't going to school tomorrow, so I didn't need to worry about homework but I wanted to finish it so I didn't have to worry about it tomorrow. So anyway I tried doing my homework but even as I was looking at the pages I couldn't make out the word, so I gave up on homework and called Andrea.

"Hey, what are you up to?"

"Homework, did you want something." She asked sounding a little annoyed.

"Just to talk." I said dragging it out.

"About?" she prompted.

"What do you wanna talk about?" I asked.

"I know that's not why you called me, so spill it before I hang up." She said even more annoyed than before.

"Okay, fine, I'm scared." I admitted something I already talked about to Jakob, but I needed a girls reassurances and I wasn't even sure that would help.

"You should be." She said sounding totally serious.

"Oh well gee, thanks, that sure helped me get over my fear." I said sarcastically.

"I'm serious, its not a pleasant experience, but having a mate definitely helps, I wasn't so lucky." She said sounding somehow older.

"Yeah, I know, I'm sorry." I said putting my own fear in second place for a few seconds.

"Don't apologize, its not your fault." She said and I could hear a slight smile in her voice. "Don't worry, he'll walk you through it and before you know it you'll be running on four feet."

"I don't think anything could really stop me from worrying but I have to do this, so I'll suck it up and just do it." I said with a sigh.

"You don't..." she started but I didn't let her finish.

"Yes I do, that's not an option I'm even going to consider. By tomorrow I'll be hairy and running through the forest on four feet like you said." I said a little louder than necessary but as I said those word I knew they were true.

After my conversation with Andrea I was a little more relaxed and managed to finish up all of my homework. Jakob arrived just on time, I said goodbye to my grandparents and headed for his car.

"Ready?" he asked me while driving out of town.

"Yes." I said with conviction and it was true it didn't matter that I was scared shitless about turning into an animal, I was ready to face this as long as he was by my side.