idea theft

Plagiarising some one else's roleplay..

You've written a great roleplay.. You Made up the plot, places, roles and rules...
It's going well, got peeps..

Then you get a random rp invite.
The title alone

Then you get a semi-random roleplay invite.
The name makes it sound like a similar roleplay to yours, the author is or was in you roleplay so you look it over....

And its like they copy pasted every part of yours.. Right down to a homemade species, or two as available characters.
Even the names of places

This actually happens rather often..
The down side, is this can deter people from making roleplays with original ideas or content.
They worry some person will get lazy and copy them.

Copying someones character:
This is just as bad..
They change the name..

Same powers.....
Same species..
Same backstory almost.. Maybe a tad more mary sueish..

And again this deters real originality.
No one wants to invent a species or new magic... And see some one copy it an bumble through due to not knowing the ability..

When people make their own roleplays, species, magic they take time an effort to invent something new. Something entirely their own.
And stealing their ideas is just frustrating to the creators.

Eventually some stop making roleplays, or delete what they got. Stop making original characters..

And this is just sad. Cause it really is a good idea or ideas.

Just lets try an make our own things an leave others ideas alone.