Consent

While some of you have probably or hopefully heard the phrase.. Cosplay is not consent. I'd like to add you also need the same consent in roleplay.

There are a number of roleplayers of different ages, roleplay styles and roleplay backgrounds. And sometimes there are consent issues in rping that when not addressed... Can send people running from the hobby whether on this App, another or in a ttrpg.

Now ttrpg's are starting to address a lot of this in a thing called a session zero. Where rpers and the gm will discuss things like triggers, and what a rper is comfortable with.
Because for a lot of people.
Roleplay is there safe space. Where they escape.

Sometimes an rp books rules will address it. Sometimes the rules are to vague. Or there's a page asking about triggers. But beyond that there other things once the rp is going people still need to seek consent.

Consent is part of why people hate forceships. When a ship is forced often the one whose oc is being forced  gets very uncomfortable. In some people its triggered anxiety attacks.

Sometimes in rps that allow smut, one person jumps to it, without getting consent of the character's owner. They might be insanely uncomfortable with smut. Or, it could get them in trouble if caught by parent. Or in some cases it can get a older rper in trouble for being a pedo.

For those new to the app, Wattpad is  over 14 years old. And there is a large age range. Going from the teens to people in the mid to late 40's in many  cases. And Wattpad doesn't reveal ages.. So we don't always know our fellow rpers real age. And even if a adult doesn't know the person is a minor. They can get i. Trouble. On some apps the oldest rpers are i. Their 60's. If you look up ttrpgtok on the clock app you'll note they're not all young kids.

Also even if you timeskip the smutty stuff..  You still need to get the other rpers consent. No suddenly stripping then and get down to the horizontal tango without consent.   Ignoring consent here has led to a lot of fights on Wattpad.

And if they say they're uncomfortable, no means no. Even in roleplay. Roleplay does not equal consent. Respect your fellow roleplayers.

And also, be careful. None of us know each others real ages on here unless we tell each other.
And some people lie.  And there has been incidents in the past where a older rper started grooming a younger one on here.