Chapter 23; Almost Done

I didn't sleep at all that night. I was still too freaked out to sleep or just do anything by myself. Instead, I stayed up all night talking to Ollie about what had happened and thought about it all night until I had finally fallen asleep in the morning.

When I had woken up in the morning the sun was right in my face and as I sat down on my bed I saw that Jace was standing near the balcony with the curtains opened. It took me a few seconds to realize what was going on since I was still a bit sleepy.

When I finally thought about it I screamed, which made Jace jump out into the balcony and Ollie come rushing into my room. He looked around and didn't really notice the balcony doors open.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Jace. He's in my room, in-" I didn't finish because Jace walked back into the room rubbing the back of his head.

"You scared me and I hit my head with the table." He mumbled then sat down on my bed.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked him.

"Just came to check on you. It's noon and you still hadn't woken up."

"Get out of my room!"

"Fine, whatever." He walked out of the room and left the door opened.

"What time is it?" I asked Ollie as I sat down on my bed.

"It's 12:40" He replied sitting down next to me.

"What? I've been asleep for that long?" I yawned and stretched then jumped off bed and walked to my closet.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked as he followed me into the closet.

"Yeah, I'm better now. Thanks."

"You don't have to thank me for whatever I did."

I grabbed a pair of shorts and a white t-shirt, which were the first things I found along with white flip flops.

"But I want to." I kissed his cheek and walked out of the closet and to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and then walked back into my room. Jace was once again in my room, out in the balcony. I dried my hair and untangled it then walked out into the balcony where he was at.

He was sitting in top of the table looking out at the backyard and forest. He seemed to be thinking about something, it was weird for me to see Jace deep in thought.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked him as I sat down on the chair.

"Things I don't know if I regret doing." He sighed.

"What is it that you don't know of you regret doing?"

"It's the last test. You know I can't tell you but it's just most of the time I'm proud I did it but there's those times when I regret ever doing that and watching the-" he stopped himself from saying more.

"Watching what?" I asked him.

"He can't say, you know the rules." Blake said from behind me, making me jump in my seat. He took a seat on the chair opposite from me.

"Yeah." I sighed and looked at the forest. The birds were flying around and making noises, keeping it a bit loud out here.

I sometimes wondered what was in the forest. I couldn't go far in because I was afraid I might get lost but there were things that scared me about it like the secrets it kept. What had happened in there? I was also afraid if what I would find but couldn't help but be curious about what there was to find.

"How bad is the last test?" I asked them, getting out of my thoughts.

"Your worst nightmare. It's also connected to your first test." Blake answered for Jace.

"Whatever it is, do you regret doing it?" I asked him wondering what the test was. Did it have something to do with my parents or was it something that made me forget everything about my past?

"No. I don't regret doing it. It was something that had to be done for me to survive." Blake said looking at the forest too.

Now that got me more curious as to what this test was. Jace sometimes regretted doing it but Blake didn't regret it at all? What about Ollie? Did he regret doing it too?

"Do you think I'll regret it?" I asked both of them.

"You might, every person acts different to this and some.... Some have other ways to do it." Blake whispered.

"In gonna go watch a movie." Jace said and jumped of the table. He stretched and walked off back into my room. Blake stayed where he was at. I could hear the noise of my door opening and closing but Blake still didn't move.

"You need to stop hanging out with Ollie, he's not someone you should be hanging out with if you want to pass the test." He looked over at me seriously.

"I already told you that I'm not going to listen to this. If you're going to talk to me don't talk about this." I told him angrily.

"Fine. I warned you." He stood up and walked away, leaving me thinking about what he had said.

I closed my eyes for a second and then stood up, I didn't have to think about what he was saying. I had to clear my mind. I took a deep breath then let it out.

I walked back into my room and looked around. Maybe I just need some minutes away from this house. I sat down on my bed and just tried to relax. My curiosity was out of control. What did Blake mean when he said he had warned me?

The knock on my door brought me out of my thoughts once again. I walked over to open it, Ollie stood there holding a single red rose. He handed me the rose with ought saying a word then grabbed my hand and pulled me downstairs.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked him.

"Out, a restaurant." he simply replied.

" Let me put the flower in some water." I told him and stopped him before we walked out the door.

"Ok, hurry." He told me and let go of my hand.

I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a flower base then filled it with water and put the flower in there. Once I was done I walked back to where Ollie was standing then headed outside with him.

Wherever we were going it was going to be fun, I just knew it. And it would also help me distract myself from what happened last night. I was glad I had a boyfriend as great as Ollie and no matter what Blake told me, I wasn't going to change who I talked to or hanged out with.

~~~~

A/N: Sorry for the crappy ending of this chapter :p I kind of just didn't know what to write. I've been thinking on how long I should make this book and where I should end it and right now I have nothing. My mind is blank. But I won't worry about that now. Anyways, vote? Comment? Thanks! ^.^