Chapter 7

One year later
It was Christmas, it was snowing and there was decorations all over the place. I'm guessing Deanna is very festive. I was sat on the porch with Carl, we were reading a book to Judith. Carl took Judith inside, I stayed out though. I enjoyed the scenery outside. One of Deanna's sons, Spencer, had walked up to me. I've never spoken to him, I tend to avoid him. "Hey, sweetie." I cringed at him calling me sweetie. "Good evening, Mr. Monroe. Can I help you?" He shook his head "Just wanted to pop by. You're really pretty by the way." He sat down and leant in for a kiss, I stood up "What the fuck do you think you're doing!?" I shouted as Carl ran out "Piss off, dickhead." I kicked Spencer in the balls and he stood up, limping away. "I already hate him and I've only spoken to him once. Great!" I facepalmed and Carl laughed, we all went inside but didn't tell anyone that Spencer had just tried to kiss me.
When I walked in everyone wished me happy birthday, it wasn't a very 'happy' birthday to me though. Jennie was dead, she hung herself a couple of days ago. I stayed quiet and sat down, cuddling Carl. "I miss Jennie." I sighed. Tara walked over "We all do, sweetie. It'll get better soon, at least she doesn't have to worry anymore." But what if it doesn't get better? What if we lose someone else? "Thanks, I guess." I forced a smile and fist-bumped Tara as she hates it when we leave her hanging. "I'm gonna help Carol cook supper later on, she asked me to." I looked up to Carl. "That's good, babe. She'll appreciate you helping her." I nodded and laid my head on his chest.
Michonne and Rick smiled at us, I heard them whispering. "Carls really happy with Jisoo." Michonne said. "Yep, I'm happy for the both of them." Rick replied. That's all I could hear, until they stopped whispering.  
That was the only nice whispering I've heard lately. Usually it's just sympathy for me. People keep on talking about how they feel bad for me, losing my bestfriend. I'm trying to be positive about Jennie though. Tara, Carl, glenn and maggie have been helping me with that. Maggie told me about her father and sister, and how they're in peace now. Tara told me about her sister, and Carl told me about his mom. We all lose people, we just never know who we'll lose.